HUD re-design mock-up

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd like to have more control over how the HUD appears, and some new features. For example, I'd like to be able to do something like this with the weapons layout:

And put images into the messages such as "nice shooting!", so that we could see something like a pilot's face/ space helmet- add a bit more of a human element to the game.
And if it could be combined with animation and sound features, It could make for some fantastic squad battles.

I don't think this is possible at the moment, but it would be great to be able to do it
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, I allways wondered who was complimenting me when I was five light-minutes from anybody.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

looks very cool.

Couple comments

would items have there own screens for various enhancements (not showing up on the hud)?
I like numbers are my self more than bars. Such as for temp and fuel.

I would like maybe a more complex targeting information. Do you have any ideas on how to do that?
Crying is not a proper retort!
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Items enhancements would only show up in the ship config screen or hold- It's unlikely that the player will install more than one of the same weapon.

I have no idea how to do more complex targeting info, I think that George would have to do that.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm not sure you can count on not installing multiple of the same weapon. If weapons have seperate heat sinks and capacitors installing multiple weapons that use either allows you to switch weapon instances to partially or completely circumvent heat or capacitor based limits at the expense of an extra weapon slot. It's not common practice, but it's also not an unreasonable solution to the weaknesses of certain weapons.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yes, but how many weapons in the game currently use heat/capacitors? It's not out of single figures, and IIRC, it's somewhere in the region of one or two... adv. tritium and... dunno.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ares archcannon.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The lightning turret is also a weapon that would be very attractive to multi-mount. It does the best single target damage of any omni weapon.