Military grade too low

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Point Juno and the CSC Terra keep telling me that my military grade is too low to enter the bridge and start the crucial missions there. However, I did not have the chance to get it higher than Lieutenant, the three CSCs before Point Juno only had the Infirmary and no missions and all Commonwealth Military Stations had no missions at all (after doing the three or something missions in St. Kath's).
What do?
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Wait, what? You had three CSCs as hospitals? I thought that there are only two CSC's that are hospitals. CSC arctica and the CSC sahara?

Could you make sure one of them wasn't a hospital. Just go back to the previous systems and look at the map. If they aren't the sahara or the arctica, they'l have missions.

You'll need to be Fleet lieutenant to be able to enter point Juno and
Fleet commander to enter CSC Terra...

Oh, and you can go upto Master Sergant by donating stuff at the Infirmaries...that's about 6000 credits worth of goods.
Last edited by Blitz on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Right, 2 CSCs it was, but still no opportunity to climb in rank :-/
I went 4 system beyond CSC Terra now and still no opportunity to get a nice Commander or whatever.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hmm...I don't think there's any other way except by missions. Maybe you missed a CSC. There's could be a third that you missed...maybe the nebulae?

*Goes back to rummaging through the code to figure out if this scenario is possible...*
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It is possible that you cannot get to max rank, it is part of the nature of the game. I have had games where Charon was the first time I encountered a Korolov station. Quite often there are not enough Sung stations to destroy to befriend the Huari. Some games don't allow every possbility, other games it's extremely easy.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hm, I don't want max rank, only the possibility to get the Lamplighter :-/
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Brzelius wrote:Hm, I don't want max rank, only the possibility to get the Lamplighter :-/
Definitely not essential to finish the game. But if you positively need an antimatter weapon, kill sung, get friendly to huari, and then kill dragon slaver in huarmarca to get a damaged archcannon...
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The problem is also that in this game I already killed all Sung and the Huari still don't like me (very few Sung stations).
But if the Lamplighter isn't needed in new Heretic, it's not a gamebreaking problem... but I'd still like to be able to fly all those missions. Shame they're in and I'm not able to see them because I'm only Lieutenant.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Brzelius wrote:The problem is also that in this game I already killed all Sung and the Huari still don't like me (very few Sung stations).
But if the Lamplighter isn't needed in new Heretic, it's not a gamebreaking problem... but I'd still like to be able to fly all those missions. Shame they're in and I'm not able to see them because I'm only Lieutenant.
Use a blinder cannon, like a REAL MAN.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you failed some missions, it could have brought your rank down.

You can also climb in rank in the medical CSC's, just if you bring enough medical supplies then talk to the captain.

As an aside, I once had a game without the CSC Terra.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Xephyr wrote:You can also climb in rank in the medical CSC's, just if you bring enough medical supplies then talk to the captain.
You can only ogo upto master sergant by donating approx 6000 worth of goods and that's not enough to get into point Juno or CSC Terra.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

the illegal cancer dust is the best, I usually keep it from the BM and sell everything else, when I get to the CSC I have something like 150 units of cancer dust :D
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

digdug wrote:the illegal cancer dust is the best, I usually keep it from the BM and sell everything else, when I get to the CSC I have something like 150 units of cancer dust :D
Good idea. It's only 1 kg and is 500 a pop. Saves a lot of space...although you'd have to be careful to not have it confiscated...
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

i have so much money by the time i meet the first medical csc that i just buy all the meds i can find from previous systems and donate it. i didn't know about the master sargeant thing though so it seems i wasted a lot my last game. :(
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Derailing this slightly: What items can you get by donating medical supplies to the CSCs? I've never done it again because I only got a cask of whiskey or whatever when I tried some years ago.