Fichikai Industries

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Fichikai Industries is now now closed. Go to KensaiCorp for further information. We apologize for any inconvience this causes. Our mods are, however, stil available for download, but don't expect any updates or debug ;)

Welcome to Fichikai Industries! We've had a pretty good run on the market, but our mods are still available to the public.

- NOTE: Please download only the mods in this list (which is also at the UTF), as these are the best and most up-to-date mods by Fichikai Industries. -

- - - Weapons - - -
Fichikai Weapons Pack - This .zip contains all of Fichikai Industries' weapon mods.
- -
Fichikai Plasma Blaster - The first weapon made by Fichikai, it's pretty good. Does not actually fire plasma damage.
Fichikai Azuimando Archcannon - The Fichikai-designed archcannon, based on Ares designs. Rather overbalanced....
Fichikai Thunder Cannons - Cool-looking lightning guns. Fires real lightning!
Fichikai Blueblasters - A cannon similar to the Fichikai Greenblaster, though slightly weaker and more balanced.
Fichikai Coke-Can Launcher - This launcher fires coke cans! Since it fires coke-cans it isn't that strong, but it sure is cheap! Also, the ammo is worth only a few credits, and VERY easy to find. There's also a secret ingredient to 24th century cola ;)
Fichikai Gategun - This powerful weapon makes the stargate sound whenever fired.
Fichikai Nano Positron cannons - These weapons of highly varying strength use both the nano and positron damage types.
Fichikai Himal Launcher - This balanced launcher fires large (and quite familiar) missiles!
Fichikai Howitzers - These two howitzers are more power varients of the Levels 1 and 3 howitzers. This mod was made before the Howitzer Mark V was introduced to the game.
Fichikai Masumune Starblasters - These weapons were based on the Katana Starblaster in the ordinary game. And before you correct me, I know it's spelt wrong ;)
Fichikai Greenblasters - These weapons are the stronger versions of the Fichikai Blueblasters.
Fichikai Lightning Cannons - Similar to the Fichikai Lightning Cannons, though more strength and variation.
Fichikai Wreck Destroyers - These recently-designed weapons are designed to prevent the annoyance of your game slowing down when there are two many wrecks (usually Ferians) in the system. Cheap, and they use a low amount of power.
Fichikai Monitor Cannons - Cool-looking weapons varying in strength.

- - - Shields - - -
Fichikai Shields Pack - This .zip contains all of Fichikai Industries' shield mods.
- -
Fichikai Shields I-V - These are based on the original three shields Fichikai made. The strength varies from your basic shield to a powerful leviathan.
Fichikai Adjustavle Shield Generator - This shield is an enhanced version of the Jotun Deflector in the ordinary game.
Fichikai Stealth Shields - These shields are based on the idea of "If you can have stealth armor, why not stealth shields?", and here are all three.
Fichikai Reflector Shields - This large mod has 9 shields in all; each shield completely invulnerable to a certain damage type. For example, there is a laser-immune shield, a particle-immune shield, etc. There is also a shield that is completely immune to all four dark damages, named the Dark Deflector.

- - - Armors - - -
Fichikai Armors Pack - This .zip contains all of Fichikai Industries' armor mods.
- -
Fichikai I-VIII Armors - These armors are based on the original mod made by Fichikai Industries, which had only three armor types! Now much larger, these armor vary in strength quite greatly.
Fichikai Worldship Armors - These armors are based on the Xenophobe Worldship Armor, only a little stronger. I was bored when I made this...
Fichikai Reflecting Armors - These armors are similar to the Fichikai Relfector Shields, though they only protect against currently used damage types.
Fichikai Tharsis Plates - These are slightly stronger versions of the Ares Tharsis Plate. I was bored when I made these.
Fichikai Self-Repairing Armor - These armors, based on Duralloy, repair completely on their own, and they do it faster than Duralloy too!
Fichikai Carbide Carapace Armors - These heavy armors are base on the original Carbide Carapace armors. I was bored when I made this.

- - - Devices - - -
Fichikai Devices Pack - This .zip contains all of Fichikai Industries' device and drive mods.
- -
Fichikai Solar Panels - Enhanced versions of the ordinary Solar Panels.
Fichikai Cargo Holds - These handy and slightly overbalanced cargo holds are very useful, and are enhanced versions of the original. This mod includes a ROM that acts only as a Smuggler's Hold, without the additional cargo space, and a HUGE cargo hold that weighs more than a segment of Iocrym Armor.
Fichikai Patch Spiders - These are enhanced versions of the Patch Spider in unmodded Transcendence.
Fichikai Credit/Rin Cards - The Fichikai Credit/Rin cards! They give you a certain number of rins or credits depending on the type of ROM. There are 1.0 versions and 2.0 versions.
Fichikai Inertialess Drives - These are enhanced version of the alien-built Inertialess Drive in unmodded Transcendence.
Fichikai Maneuvering Drives - These drives are designed to destroy the fact that none of the ordinary drives change the ability to turn. These drives are especially helpful to the Freighter.
Fichikai Reactors - This is an assortment of reactors, made before the 50MW and 150MW reactors were introduced. They were (and still do) designed to fill in gaps between reactor sizes. They are also more efficient and have the occasional (good) side-effect.
Fichikai Universal ID - This superb ID Rom acts as both a Black Market ID, Military ID, and more! *NOTE: Not in Devices Pack.

- - - Playable Ships & Ship Packs - - -
Fichikai Dwarg Ships Pack - This ships pack contains playable versions of all three Dwarg ships - the Radier, the Master and the Behemoth!
Fichikai Urak Ships Pack - This ships pack contains playable versions of both the Urak ships - the Sentinel and the Destroyer!
Fichikai Ranx Ships Pack - This ships pack contains playable versions of both Ranx ships - the Gunship and Dreadnought!
Fichikai Xenophobe Ships Pack - This ships pack contains playable version of all three Xenophobe ships - the Fighter, the Defender and the Worldship!
Fichikai Ares Ships Pack - This ships pack contains playable versions of all four Ares ships - the Sandstorm, the Cometfall, the other one, and the Tundra.
Fichikai Sung Slavers Ships Pack This ships pack contains playable versions of all three Sung Slaver ships - the Wind Slaver (grey semi-circle), the Steel Slaver (grey circle) and the Earth Slaver (big oval one)!

My modding company, Fichikai Industries, now has an official website. You can reach it here: http://www.freewebs.com/akikotai/index.htm. It's not yet finished, and I don't yet have any mod up there, but you will soon be able to download them there.

The old place to download my mods is at: http://s8.invisionfree.com/Transcendenc ... topic=1345.
Last edited by Yugi on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Very cool! I like your new site.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Thanks! The green goes well with the Transcendence theme, doesn't it? BlackPheonix, EvilBob and Kevolution also have modding sites, with the same host.
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Lately I've seen many people providing their mods on own webites... And for me it's annoying checking so many different pages looking out for new mods.
Wouldn't it be better to have one main page (a nice CMS) where all mods are together (thom's mod does not seem to be up to date)?

Beside did you make the Design for your page Yugi? (I really like it)
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

No, I didn't make the design. The template came with the free website.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Just saying here that i've uploaded my new ships pack: a Dwarg Ships Pack! It contains all three new Dwarg ships, and they're playable! Enjoy!

You can get the pack either at my Fichikai site (see first post) or at the UTF at http://z8.invisionfree.com/Transcendenc ... try9897528.

Coming soon: Urak ships pack!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, i've uploaded my Urak Ships pack to the UTF and made it available from my Fichikai site (see above post for links).
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Do you know if it is possible to have a weapon upgrade crystal like you have for diamond field crystals? (stackable)
Crying is not a proper retort!
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yugi, all mods are updated to 0.97 or few remains ?
And can I ask how much progress is done on (my) battery ?
And it will be nice if you put link to your mod site to your signature.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have not yet updated any of my mods, except the ones i've made since the release of 0.97.
Battery? :?
Yeah, i'll make the link(s) now.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

this battery - http://neurohack.com/transcendence/foru ... sc&start=0 - but, if it will be imposible in current code, then :cry: . And if not, due to my problemy with game, I can wait a while.
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Sorry, I probably won't be able to do anything about it. I did have a go at making it, but it didn't work :(
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I've just added a list of nearly all of my mods, and links to them, in the first post in this topic.
This is for you guys (and possibly girls) that don't use the UTF. I'm also putting that up on PlayMeNow's forum, and it's already on the UTF.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I was wondering if anybody would give feedback on some of my mods, as that would very handy to know what to mod next. I'm running out of ideas, people!
I also make mods by request, and the requested mod will probably be completed in a couple of days ;)

EDIT: I also used this to bump :P
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ive tried some of your mods, and what Ive used so far is just delightful ^_^.

Namely, the higher level Cargo holds (I tend to hoard things), the Improved Patch Spider, and especially the Fichikai Omni Green Blaster, that thing is absolutely devastating ^^.

Also, how do you pronounce the name?

Does it go as, "Fi-Chi-Kai" For awhile I thought they said Fichaki :P
Self proclaimed Poofter Extradonaire :D