I won the game!

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yay! I finally managed to win the game. It only took 1 day, 7 hours, and 35 minutes. ;) hehe
This is one of the most amazing games I have played. Its extremely challenging, because its almost completely random. Nothing is always the same. And I’d like to be able to help out with this great game a little more.
Anyway,
I have collected a bunch of ideas, questions, comments, and just about anything else I can think of. So forgive me if this post is demanding or anything else? (I'm not trying to but just in case. ;) )
So here it goes:
Ideas:
* Dwarg (Raiders and Behemoths) when they follow you, then have a really annoying habit of getting right on top of your ship, and then they get destroyed or damaged when I try to fire my weapons, at least the Luminous drones don’t respond to auton commands (Wait, form up, attack). So could there be a possibility of at least getting them to be more away from the user ship and maybe respond to squad orders?
* Have an option for ship modders to specify large ship image for new game screen.
* Use multi-field crystals? Eg Diamond Crystal and then the other crystals?
* The CSC Antarctica is a sad story, it has so much potential. But if you help them all you get is a jem? It would be cool, if the Antarctica could be followed and see what happens when they reach St. Catherine’s Star.
* all the star carriers except the Antarctica are always stationary, so I was surprised when I saw the Antarctica moving. So.. Would the other star carriers be moving too. To different places in the system to fight the Ares ? Also, would they be sending out squadrons also? It’s a war ship after all?
* You have the super freighter, wouldn’t it be cool, and somewhat helpful to have a fuel tanker? You could dock with it while it was moving, and it would stop? Like the Mule Auton? You can refuel, and get fuel rods.
* And… Corporate Traders, moving Trading posts. ;) Not as well stocked as the stations but if you fly by one you can dock with it and do trading.
* When the ships are moving like the Antarctica shouldn’t the user ship stay docked and in sync with it when its moving. And maybe follow it through the startgate?
* Expand on the Iocrym , perhaps they didn’t make the gate? Just took the technology and used it to enforce terror? After Heretic gate another story? Or meet friendly Iocrym ?
* Allow users to map custom keys?
* In middle systems, have currency converters from cred to rin.
* Like one of the CSC ships said “There was a bar in the inner system”, have a bar station? Or have other stations like Schools, etc? Maybe? :)
Bugs:
* When you use a powerful weapon , that can quickly destroy and break a part something like slave quarters, the air leaking out stays, but looks like a strange silver gap.
* Friendly fire? When you fire your own weapon, wouldn’t you also get hit if you got in front of it?
Questions:
* Why would an advanced race that would build a device like the stargates and just go an terrorize ? It would be cool (like I said above) to have more back story in to that when you go through the Heradic gate.
* How do you do the Unique ID’s? I have several mods but they half work and do, and I’d like to be able to put in the id’s correctly, not just random.
* Whats the 3d2 ? Stuff? Whats the d?

Again, please don’t take this post the wrong way, its just a collection of all the ideas and things I noticed while I was playing.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

* all the star carriers except the Antarctica are always stationary, so I was surprised when I saw the Antarctica moving. So.. Would the other star carriers be moving too. To different places in the system to fight the Ares ? Also, would they be sending out squadrons also? It’s a war ship after all?
In previous versions, the CSCs did, indeed, move. However, they ended up wandering out of the system entirely for some reason. I'd assume a fix is in progress for this. As for sending out squadrons, what do you think they're sending you to do? Anyway, having them send out independent ships would require much larger systems or numbers of stations, or the player wouldn't have anything to do.
* In middle systems, have currency converters from cred to rin.
I'm opposed to this. By this point in the game, I usually have at least half a million credits. It's not hard to do. You wouldn't even need to sell stuff to the ringers if there were easy exchange stations.
* Like one of the CSC ships said “There was a bar in the inner system”, have a bar station? Or have other stations like Schools, etc? Maybe? Smile
This would start getting really, really cluttered. I'm not opposed to some stations being added merely for color, but it would be far more effective to add more options to stations like the corporate enclave and the commonwealth residentials.

* Friendly fire? When you fire your own weapon, wouldn’t you also get hit if you got in front of it?
What weapon have you actually managed to get in front of?

Incidentally, there are a number of weapons with a 'canHitSource="true"' attribute. This means that they can damage the ship that fired them.

One reason not to do this is the varying shapes of ships. If you have a custom ship graphic, and the image just happens to get in the way of where the shots for that ship originate, you'd end up with an unuseable mod. I say leave this the way it is.

* Why would an advanced race that would build a device like the stargates and just go an terrorize ? It would be cool (like I said above) to have more back story in to that when you go through the Heradic gate.
There has been some official backstory provided: the stargate network in humanity's portion of space was supposed to be deactivated, as a sort of nature preserve. It malfunctioned somehow, and when humans made contact with the Iocrym, they enforced a quarantine. Another chapter of the game has been planned; Work will begin on that after the current version is all nice and shined up, according to George.
* How do you do the Unique ID’s? I have several mods but they half work and do, and I’d like to be able to put in the id’s correctly, not just random.
Look here for guidelines on UNIDs.
* Whats the 3d2 ? Stuff? Whats the d?
These represent simulated dice rolls. So a 3d2 means you are rolling three two sided dice (crazy, I know). This will give you a range of 3-6. A 4d6 would be 4-24.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

the dice rolls allow some more interesting randoms.

The more dice that roll the more weighted to the middle the roll will be (assuming its more than d2).
If you want a strait random with no weights just use 1d(upper-lower)+lower
Crying is not a proper retort!
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ttech wrote:* Dwarg (Raiders and Behemoths) when they follow you, then have a really annoying habit of getting right on top of your ship, and then they get destroyed or damaged when I try to fire my weapons, at least the Luminous drones don’t respond to auton commands (Wait, form up, attack). So could there be a possibility of at least getting them to be more away from the user ship and maybe respond to squad orders?
First, congratulations on beating the game!

The raiders are stupid and weak. When they fly in front of you and get mown down, its not big loss. The Behemoths, however, make good companions. Most of the time they just seem to fly around and do their own thing.

I'd like to see these followers become wingmen.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fossaman wrote:
In previous versions, the CSCs did, indeed, move. However, they ended up wandering out of the system entirely for some reason. I'd assume a fix is in progress for this. As for sending out squadrons, what do you think they're sending you to do? Anyway, having them send out independent ships would require much larger systems or numbers of stations, or the player wouldn't have anything to do.
Heh, that would have been funny to see. The CSC's flying off into the outer system. With squadrons, that just go out and patroll, there is no real patroll mission on the csc, and just wait till you do that mission till you go and send out the squads, And stay away from areas that are possible missions, eg again the antartica.
Fossaman wrote: This would start getting really, really cluttered. I'm not opposed to some stations being added merely for color, but it would be far more effective to add more options to stations like the corporate enclave and the commonwealth residentials.
That would make alot more sense, have a few for color, but mostly have em added to the already made stations.
Fossaman wrote: What weapon have you actually managed to get in front of?

Incidentally, there are a number of weapons with a 'canHitSource="true"' attribute. This means that they can damage the ship that fired them.

One reason not to do this is the varying shapes of ships. If you have a custom ship graphic, and the image just happens to get in the way of where the shots for that ship originate, you'd end up with an unuseable mod. I say leave this the way it is.

Ok, I managed to get an Ares Plasma Cannon, from a Phobos I distoryed. And installed it. I had also, the Interalias Drive (forive my spelling) which allowed me to go faster then the weapon fire.
Fossaman wrote: There has been some official backstory provided: the stargate network in humanity's portion of space was supposed to be deactivated, as a sort of nature preserve. It malfunctioned somehow, and when humans made contact with the Iocrym, they enforced a quarantine. Another chapter of the game has been planned; Work will begin on that after the current version is all nice and shined up, according to George.
Yeah, I've heard bits and peices of that one, but it still does not make sense in some spots. I actually thought of a bit of back story, after the Heretic gate, but if there is any help needed with the back story. Let me know. :D
Fossaman wrote: Look here for guidelines on UNIDs.
OK, thanks, I am registered there, and I never saw that post. :D heh. I'm working on a unid php scrpt that allows you to see if your unid is used by a know modder, or not, and "Register" it. And it allow you to generate one too.
Fossaman wrote: These represent simulated dice rolls. So a 3d2 means you are rolling three two sided dice (crazy, I know). This will give you a range of 3-6. A 4d6 would be 4-24.
Wow... Thats crazy. So it allows the dammage to varry a bit?

--------------------------------------------------

Sidenote: What about my idea about the ships -> Mobile Coporate Trading post and Fuel Tanker?

-------
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Cardinal wrote:
Ttech wrote:* Dwarg (Raiders and Behemoths) when they follow you, then have a really annoying habit of getting right on top of your ship, and then they get destroyed or damaged when I try to fire my weapons, at least the Luminous drones don’t respond to auton commands (Wait, form up, attack). So could there be a possibility of at least getting them to be more away from the user ship and maybe respond to squad orders?
First, congratulations on beating the game!

The raiders are stupid and weak. When they fly in front of you and get mown down, its not big loss. The Behemoths, however, make good companions. Most of the time they just seem to fly around and do their own thing.

I'd like to see these followers become wingmen.

I like the behemoths, still with they could listen to some commads, and repair there ship(s). I once manged to get 4 Behemoths, and htat was crazy. :D

LOL

Thanks...
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, I've heard bits and peices of that one, but it still does not make sense in some spots. I actually thought of a bit of back story, after the Heretic gate, but if there is any help needed with the back story. Let me know.
Go look here for the whole thing. I don't know if that was there before, but George has shinied things up a bit.
Wow... Thats crazy. So it allows the dammage to varry a bit?
Try a lot. I could have 100d6 for a weapon that could be as weak as 100 or as powerful as 600 damage. There's really no limit to what you can do, especially when you add in a plus sign and a number, such as 1d6+3. That gives you a range of 4-9 instead.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞