Deadliest enemy

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Darth Saber wrote:If I play using the stock ships, the it is a toss up between the Charon Pirates, while in the Charon System, the Ares Ascendancy, and the Ranx destroyers. The Ares and Ranx victories vary depending on what reactor and weapons I use; however, the Ranx destroyers are more successful due to their armor, and thermal weapons.

I hate the ranx are absolutely terrible they are powerful, don't die easily and they do pack quite a punch.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

It's the Ares orthodoxy btw.

Also, wasn't this supposed to be locked long ago as a necro thread?

[mod: merged replies to the necroing into long term topcis and necroing]
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

No, no, no, it's probably imposible but the most dangerous :shock:
(for me) are charon pirates in charon system.
No Ares
No Ranx
No Pteravores
For they I have a special strategy but for pirates no, I hate them :evil:
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

The Huari. One shot and Im blown to smitherines (not all the time though). I manage to run like crazy many times, and yeah the Dwargs beat the crap out of me many times now (what are their fortresses made of???).
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Wow, this thread is full of nostalgia. Does the invincible-class deflector even exist nowadays?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes, but it no longer remotely lives up to the hype.

Sometimes I miss the old shield resistance curve. Now they're all so very vincible.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Atarlost wrote:Yes, but it no longer remotely lives up to the hype.

Sometimes I miss the old shield resistance curve. Now they're all so very vincible.

I remember the Invincible, was my favorite sheild, however it would fail it would FAIL. But I kinda like the new shields just because it might be more 'realistic'.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Invincible shield is still a good, tough shield for the midgame, especially if the class V deflector is unavailable. The power surge can (usually) be mitigated with Sustain. Just stay far away from Earth slavers and Sung citadels. Shi3lds Down is deadly for Invincible users.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PM wrote:The Invincible shield is still a good, tough shield for the midgame, especially if the class V deflector is unavailable. The power surge can (usually) be mitigated with Sustain. Just stay far away from Earth slavers and Sung citadels. Shi3lds Down is deadly for Invincible users.
You only get so much with sustain before it stops sustaining. Which is why I usually go for a powerful sheild as fast as possible.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The invincible's margin of superiority over other shields has actually grown. The basic level resistances dropped by a lot, but the explicit resistances remained intact and those are what make the invincible good. Unfortunately the downside grew as well because even with it you can't very well rely alone on a shield.
Literally is the new Figuratively
MikeAngora
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Definately the Zenophobe Worldship for me. never approach that ship without a sustain shield and a shatter atttack to the ready.
"Umm, I'm sorry I just killed your officer Akira, but he was getting on my nerves''
"Can I take his ship now?"

Calvin E. Taylor to Akira Gorbachev, the daughter of Ares Chief Admiral Vasily Gorbachev, after brutally killing one of her Tundra pilots.
rincewind
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

My worst enemies would be ignorance, over confidence and Ferians. Didn't know what they were was certain my smart cannon would be helpful and got into it with a few sungs right next to the nest which exploded from a stray shot. Then I had the brilliant idea of running to a station and letting it take care of the ferians but I chose a auton dealer who promptly blew up and was blamed on me.
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ttech wrote:I hate the ranx are absolutely terrible they are powerful, don't die easily and they do pack quite a punch.
Wolfy wrote:It's the Ares orthodoxy btw.
Datal wrote:(for me) are charon pirates in charon system.
No Ares
No Ranx
No Pteravores
For they I have a special strategy but for pirates no, I hate them
erik dela cruz wrote:The Huari.
Bah, it seems you guys are pretty weak, like little girls. :P

I never pay attention to those factions. Instead, they call me their Worst Enemy. 8-)
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Tamagoyaki
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Worst enemy?

Autopilot :D

And Ferian Warriors.
Sorry for my poor english :-(
Last cause of death: arena opponent + crappy Cyclotron shield generator (I was insured).
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Tamagoyaki wrote:Worst enemy?
And Ferian Warriors.
They are Amazingly fast: a Wolfen has a max speed of 25, the warrior 22.......but they can be right on you in a heartbeat as if they are doing 50!!!!! ( but I think it depends on WHERE you meet one, some systems might let them fly faster then others based on the any obstacles: in an asteroid field they do not seem to be as fast.)
The first time I met one I raced away to a Ringer station : bad move:) I died trying to get to another station.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..