Ship Anomaly [SPOILER]

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

While looting ships part way through the game, I came across one ship which when docked with, stated that all I saw was a woman strapped to her command chair. My question is: "what is the purpose of that ship?" Is this the "Rising Star" which was mentioned on http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... sters.html, and is the woman supposed to be Katherine; or is this Victoria, the other sister who started out for the core, but never made it?

If someone could tell me of this, I would appreciate it. Were this to be an anomaly, then perhaps it could be used as part of the back story, or for a mission where you would be equipped with a tractor beam and sent forth to bring the ship back to the nearest Domina monastery, thereby increasing your Domina power level by 1 or 2.
Last edited by Darth Saber on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's Volkov's wife. If you have him as your wingman he leaves you at that point.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ah, thank you Artalost. I do not usually acquire wingmen, being the solitary traveler type, so that probably explains why I did not discover that fact. Thanks again, Artalost.

Still, it would be nice to have a few more Domina missions other than the one in the Heretic system.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

ANY missions would be good. Game needs more missions. Too much wandering around aimlessly right now.
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There's a button to unbind the woman, isn't there? I would think that would be a good option to have. It's what I'd do if I saw someone tied to a chair.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

She's dead and wearing a seatbelt. The seatbelt is what explains why she's still in the chair.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

this is a bit spoilerous, darth saber, can you please change the title by editing your first post and add [SPOILER] ? :)
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Its a good thing I pieced it together myself while accidentally reading something about this in the Korolov xml.
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:She's dead and wearing a seatbelt. The seatbelt is what explains why she's still in the chair.
Oh.

So why is she dead?
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Because Domina is a sadistic, homewrecking word I probably shouldn't use on a public forum.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Like it said on the "Book of Tales: Sister" page I mentioned earlier:

“And floating above it all, I could see the face of Domina. She too saw the lifeless void that once held our human homes. And I saw that she wept. She wept for our death and the death of all our worlds, but I looked at her face closely and I saw no sign of regret.”

That is the key concept: "no regret." It does not matter how many lives are lost in this battle between Domina and Oracus, so long as Domina comes out the victor. This is what the war is truly about; it is like a massive galactic chess game, and we are merely the pieces to be moved, or rather to be moved upon.

As Shakespeare would say: "all the world is a stage, and we but merely players." :twisted: [/quote]

Well done Artalost, in keeping the comment clean. :)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh.

This storyline is getting more unpleasant by the second.

I'm going to implement a way to follow Schilcote, god of awesomeness and lulz.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

schilcote wrote:I'm going to implement a way to follow Schilcote, god of awesomeness and lulz.
As long as we can blow up his temples I'm okay with that. :)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Aeonic wrote:
schilcote wrote:I'm going to implement a way to follow Schilcote, god of awesomeness and lulz.
As long as we can blow up his temples I'm okay with that. :)
Last Cause Of Death: Rickrolled to death in the Sectro system.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Schilcote, when you said: "Last Cause Of Death: Rickrolled to death in the Sectro system," what did you mean by "rickrolled," and where is the "Sectro" system?

Also, can we create our own sovereigns in .99c, or RC2, and have them function as the original Transcendence ones do?