An idea that has been rolling around in my head...

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Boris the Cat
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Would it be possible to mod devices that increase in power, as the player accumulates kills? For example, it would be nifty to start out with a peashooter in Eridani, but as you progressed through the various systems, and eventually reach Heretic, your peashooter would become this ultra-cannon, capable of actually shooting the ICS.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yeah, that'd be great.
It sound as if it would be extremely difficult to correctly balance, though.
It might give new players more of an incentive to go around killing more stuff, as they might go through the systems too quickly and end up dying easily.

If this is added, I believe that there should be different versions of it, with varying strengths and weaknesses to fit different player's playing styles.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

One problem is the fact "how is that possible" in real game. (oops...i forgot. It's modded). Uh... yes. That would be cool It would also be useful to add that code to a reactor... and shields. But I don't really see the proper coding.
>.<
Boris the Cat
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well, I've been thinking a bit about this, and the only way that I see that would make it possible (at the moment), would be to tie it into the kill count somehow. Of course, George might add some kind of experience thingy in the future, but...

Anyway, one way that I think would make it possible, is to make, say, 10 different "weapons" that share the same name and description, but with each later weapon being more powerful than the preceeding one. Then, as the player reaches certain landmarks, such as 100 kills, 250, 1000 etc., the weapon is switched for the next, more powerful "model".
Blinzler
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Watcha gonna call it? Soulcube? :twisted:
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Some thing which is really old and rusty, causing major flaws and fires a more powerful(but damaging) shot per [insert # of kills].
>.<
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

An Organo-adaptive [insert type here] cannon.

This weapon utilizes self-adapting organic components. These components increase in efficiency as they are used, becoming more powerful over a period of time. The delicate nature of these organic parts produces a dangerous vulnerability to radiation, possibly catastrophic.

:P

EDIT: Just thought of this after I posted; maybe you'd have to feed it.

Anyway, that's how I'd make it plausible. Sort of. :roll:
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Feed it??? DOn't tell me the thing which actually fires out... the weapon's waste...?
>.<
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey, high energy poo particles are just as damaging as regular high energy particles. Don't knock it til you've tried it. :lol:

But no, I was thinking of it as more of a 'feed it when it goes to the next level up' sort of thing.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Here's my pet! I installed it! That's cool...installing animals who point rear ends out of your ship.
>.<
Blinzler
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

...why do I suddendly think of explosive diarhea?
*tryingtogetridofthethought*
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Well...that's what we all thought. Here, my pet weapon! Eat explosive radiation!
>.<
Blinzler
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

No, no... can't say I did until you brought it up.
Though it's difficult to get rid of it now... *mumble*
Boris the Cat
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Radioactive poo and mistreated animals aside, is this idea feasible with the current version of Transcendence, or is this something George would have to add in a later version?
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It isn't known if it's possible to mod right now, and we're wondering if it is possible
>.<