Weapon graphics for 12 damage types [NEW Oct 12: dark types]

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Laser/Particle/Ion/Positron/Antimatter/Graviton/Dark Acid/Dark Lightning
Kinetic/Blast/Thermo/Plasma/Nano/Singularity/Dark Steel/Dark Fire

NEW VERSION! redownload from here:

https://www.box.com/s/og16v5jmnkdf1u3rqk78

I was getting tired of seeing the same old image for every primary weapon in the game, so I made ones for each damage type. This download will NOT replace any weapon images; I have yet to do the grunt work involved in that. (If anyone wants to do that, definitely feel free :D)

I have yet to make alien versions of these for Iocrym ships to use (really I only need an alien version of the Plasma cannon, since it's the only type that Iocrym weapons use right now)- I probably won't make alien versions of blast and particle weapons, and definitely not laser and kinetic since by the time you fight aliens (only Iocrym for now) you're probably immune to laser and kinetic anyway.

I also didn't know what do do for the dark matter/energy types, so I left those alone. I might do versions for those as well should the need arise.

I'll probably make Iocrym versions of the dark types tomorrow. For now, I need some sleep. Midterms are terrible.
Last edited by Shivan Hunter on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Great job! You might be the next SiaFu!
As for the images, if we could only use typCreate....
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

These are quite stunning. I think I saw the prototypes on IRC, but the finals here look amazing!
Androgeos
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Since I've already modified some weapons via my own Zanitas & Lazarus mod, I decided to stick Shivan Hunter's dock screen images (including the Iocrym ones) into my mod and see what happens. Here's a sample of how it turned out:

Keep in mind that only the weapons that are modified by the current release of Zanitas & Lazarus on Xelerus will have their dock screen images changed to Shivan Hunter's new ones.
Last edited by Androgeos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[10:42] <Katami> TTECH: IT SEYS "ONCE YOU ENTAR A EYSTEM HAHAHAHAAHH~~~!~~~!<3<3<3
[10:42] <Katami> ~ROLLL 1D100 L0LL0LL0LL0LHAHHAHHAH!~!!~~:-):-):-)
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hmm. Would look much better with an 8bit bitmask, but unfortunately that won't work for device icons in the 'b' menu...

Anyway, thanks! Seeing my stuff used is awesome :D And I think I will do uniques for the Ares archcannon and Lamplighter archcannon... The regular plasma gun looks a bit crude for the Ares superweapon.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

wooooo dark matter/energy

original post updated with download link

FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I know that it might be rude... but can you make the gfx compatible with SF item gfx Androgeos?
The reason being that though these graphics are really cool I see them more for boss weapons, and SF items has some nice unique graphics for each weapon such as the hanzo blaster, and the omnidirectional versions.

If it can't be done, that's fine, I'd just like to be able to use both mods instead of just one.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

...um, I assume you mean StelliFer Laboratories, which is by SiaFu. what do you mean by "make it compatible"? What I'm planning (in the long-term) is a gfx overhaul similar to SiaFu's, which means it is inherently incompatible.

You are of course welcome to make a mod that uses some of my stuff and some of SiaFu's, but that would have to be done manually, and it would be a separate mod.