Q of the Week:

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Can anybody plot ship power from ObjGetCombatPower to their respective ship? It would be a nice graph for the wiki.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

For non-player ships, it is approximately the ship's score divided by 100.

For the playership, it varies by reactor power alone:

Code: Select all

up to 10MW     4
up to 25MW     7
up to 50MW    10
up to 100MW   14
up to 250MW   22
up to 500MW   32
up to 1GW     46
up to 2.5GW   74
over 2.5GW   100
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I got a problem with this ( helps ) : srry : the numbers do not fit the examples i found in the database :
I was just thinking of locking a mission to combat power but the only examples i found were for high level codes where the player usually is sporting some serious stuff.

I came back here to double check and these numbers do not match yours so it sticks me to my chair with anticipation that we can be given instruction as to where things can be fit in without making my bad ideas worse:

I first meet the Teratons with either a 100MW-500mw ( rarely a 250 because they are fuel hogs ) : so if they are looking for '15 '25 , I don't think it is the just reactor they are looking for based on your list.

While we wait for instrunctions, I will tinker with "primaryWeapon"
( knowing me ill still be tinkering with my bad idea by the time you get around to this :) )

(or (and (ls (objGetCombatPower gPlayerShip) 15) (leq (random 1 100) 25))
	(and (ls (objGetCombatPower gPlayerShip) 25) (leq (random 1 100) 5)))
or the Xenophobe one :

(setq threatList (filter (sysFindObject gSource "sAEN:400") theTarget
											(or (gr (objGetCombatPower theTarget) 30) (eq theTarget gPlayerShip))
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I do not know how the function objGetCombatPower calculates combat power; that is, the number received after a call to objGetCombatPower.

For the playership, I tried various equipment combinations. Weapons, shields, armor, anything that is not a reactor have no effect on the playership's combat power as defined by (objGetCombatPower gPlayerShip).

As for Teratons, I simply avoid their shops until I have an enhanced 250MW reactor or better. Anything less risks the chance of mugging. This is all the more reason to learn how their fabricators work and mercilessly exploit them to break the game. Fabricators make it easy to get 500MW reactors almost for free.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

4 or more armor segments is special
Yay! I feel special now :)
I was thinking about this, and is it possible to make a list of all the ships using a function, enum all of them and dbglog all of it to get various ship powers?
Thanks alterecco. Also D: because it's not in Tscript. Feels pretty readable though.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:I do not know how the function objGetCombatPower calculates combat power; that is, the number received after a call to objGetCombatPower.

For the playership, I tried various equipment combinations. Weapons, shields, armor, anything that is not a reactor have no effect on the playership's combat power as defined by (objGetCombatPower gPlayerShip).

As for Teratons, I simply avoid their shops until I have an enhanced 250MW reactor or better. Anything less risks the chance of mugging. This is all the more reason to learn how their fabricators work and mercilessly exploit them to break the game. Fabricators make it easy to get 500MW reactors almost for free.
STILL, you were extremely close to the track , as 'device
but as i pointed out : Experience says "one thing" but "There has to be something missing "
: and alterecco has given us the data ( Thankyou ): which demonstrates the need for a 'combination of things .

but the code does not count the reactor ( "in experience" it seems that it does.. i love this game :) it refuses to follow the rules :) )
========
I DID test a mugging i did with combat power : it would not touch my Cruiser but loved my Triploi.....so basic idea fr the mugging is for me " if I am not more powerful then a Triploi, don't dock there "
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..