Xolarix' Ship Graphics

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think we need an achievement for defeating the ICS with a Tyrant. Especially if it's balanced to Pardus levels of quality.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Xolarix wrote:I will probably finish all ships first (all 56 of them.), then render them all with 40 facings (if anyone has a tool to do that easily in DoGA, please tell me.), and put them in a single pack.

Some ships I didn't post yet:
you tease me with the first 3 and the last 2. :) compared to your designs, only the official 1.01 ships can match your awesomeness :)
However there are always a few that get really good.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Shane: these are Pardus ships, Xolarix didn't make original ones yet (or did he... I can't tell :/ ).
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No originals yet, but were he to start making them, they'd probably be just as awesome.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xanthe V
Miner
Miner

Xolarix wrote:Hi!

Well, this is my first post, so I'll introduce myself a bit:
I'm Xolarix, but you can just call me Xol or Rix if you want.

IRL, I'm 19 years old and studying multimedia design. This means I'm designing posters, flyers, banners and logos of companies.
As a hobby, I do 3D design with DoGA L3, and in about 1-2 years, I'm going to follow a study to do professional 3D design for special effects for gaming and movies.

I came in contact with this game about 2 years ago, but I was too busy IRL to get into it much.
It looked really cool though, even unfinished. I also noticed the HUGE modding community, and I downloaded some ships which was fun.
Even back then, I was already doing 3D design as a hobby and I thought that, when I had the time, I would make some ships for Transcendence.
But I forgot about it :s

Now, I found this game again, and ready to make some stuff XD
However, I have absolutely NO coding knowledge... at most I can do some Flash ActionScript 3.0, XHTML and CSS... but that's totally not like XML, so is there a good Transcendence XML code tutorial/guide for someone who never coded before?
Regarding those ships, why is it so complicated with bitmap masks and stuff? Can't people just use a PNG with transparent background and scrap the masking part? or is that incompatible with the game? If .PNG is impossible, I would also like a simple tutorial to make a good mask for ships. (when I try masking, it ends up sloppy)

I hope I can get some help with this.

But just to show what I'm capable of making:

etc. Not even a small part of what I made in total. I have made over thousands of ships and buildings.
I made this for an other game called "Pardus". I think there are some pardus ships on Xelerus already (I didn't make them), I intend to continue that trend and make a full pardus-style modpack, completely overhauling Transcendence's ships and buildings :)
I'm downloading DoGA-L3 recently. Not only that I'm just starting to get tired of re-painting ships, but I wanna make a design of my own. Thanks, and may God Bless You.
Let's get this show on the road.

By the way, my username on Xelerus is Alfael X. heheheh... ;-)

Stats:

-A pilot of a Stalwart-class gunship

-Fleet Lieutenant of the Commonwealth Fleet

-A new Xelerus user
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

I have finished my pardus imagepack. I'll start working on Transcendence conversion next year. ;)
Anything new in the ship code or something I should know about?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Xolarix !
I'll start working on Transcendence conversion next year.
YAY ! :D
Anything new in the ship code or something I should know about?
yes, playerships have a new way to render shield HUDs.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Got you some publicity here: (sorry for the long link D: )
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 1000%2C550
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

Will start working on Transc conversion in the next couple days :D

I'm taking requests for priorities, considering one such conversion already takes roughly an hour or so, priority ships definately will be done before the rest if I know they will be used.

In the meantime, enjoy this wallpaper I made :)

Full size is here:
http://my.deviantart.com/art/Thunderbir ... -356787601
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This is magic :D :D :D
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I will try to adapt all ships you release to Playership Drones, when I can.

Requests:
* Smaller Thunderbird, about the size of a Manticore, Britannia, or EI200. It is one of the smaller and lower ranked ships in Pardus, but your first Thunderbird remake was destroyer or cruiser size. If you still want to re-release a bigger Thunderbird, make one with 72 facings.

* 72 facings Doomstar.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

Xolarix performs black magic and necromances the thread back from oblivion

Hey guys.
I'm so unbelievably sorry I just didn't hold myself to my word and converted the models to Transcendence.
Point is that it's an incredibly tedious and boring process to create ships with 40 or more faces. :(

So, I'm not going to make promises.
I'll only say this: Transcendence got back into my spotlights again, so chances are very good I'll make a few ships again. I'll start with updating the ships I already have on Xelerus.

Just a few questions:

1: Did anything change in regards to the ship code?
2: Is it still the usual 40 faces per ship?
3: Can I use PNGs for ship graphics now?
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

No PNG support.. yet.

BUT!
Something did change with regards to facing numbers. I recommend you take a look at the 1.3 Beta 1 thread! (Also new engine effects)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Tshark9999
Miner
Miner

Le gasp! HE'S ALIVE! :D
Xolarix
Miner
Miner

Hey guys.

Sorry for the lack of progress.
I recently bought a new PC and had some issues porting my models from one to the other. :)
Need to get my hands on a copy of Dreamweaver again before I can mod any further. But after that, it's all fine :D