runtime error with miner's auton

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The recent new mining equipment got me inspired to make some new mining gear, including this auton designed to carry 380 tons of ores and 20 tons of other stuff, as well as scoop up already mined ore if ordered to do so.

The ore collecting code is modified code from Apemant's mining auton mod, and unfortunately it will produce a runtime error when collecting ore from some asteroids, but not others... Any ideas?

EDIT: requires UGW, though for the final version will be optional.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

variable cargo space is a great idea ! :D
I thought some time ago about playerships with variable cargo space, but an auton is very cool.

We have now a good number of "mining tools" that makes mining much more a viable solution for a pacifist playing style.

What about making a larger mod by assembling all of them ?
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I just re-uploaded the mod (at 3 downloads), the variable cargo bay is now fully implemented (and a small bug fixed), including a max weight per item of 5 tons.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

one solution that I want implemented is stack-able cargo bays, you could even make the 0 slot devices :D
Crying is not a proper retort!
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think I found the problem, in a word, timing.

staGetDockedShips (to check if it is docked with the ore yet, onOrdersComplete conflicted with the onOrdersComplete on the auton base class) apparently returns ships that aren't yet fully docked, so it would loot the station before actually docking with it. It must have been trying to loot it twice or something. Then it wouldn't find a new ore to loot, again timing, because the closest one was the currently docked one until undocked, which was the task of the event that found a new target.

Mod on Xelerus re-uploaded at 10 downloads.