Updated! - UNID Bot version 0.2.0

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

In celebration of the recent release of Transcendence RC1, and planning for the potential new modders that might be coming along over the next few months, I have built a simple online prototype of a tool to make the UNID registration process simpler and quicker (and infinitely more appealing to a lazybones moderator such as myself who can't be bothered to keep track by hand anymore).

Here is the temporary home of my new little UNID Bot.

What it does now: (version 0.2)

Allows a person to enter a UNID to test if it is Valid or not. Enforces 4 digit length, and 0xD000 to 0xEFFF range.

Store the UNID that are already in use.
Check the list and validate a UNID against the used UNID already registered.
Show the list of UNID with Name registrations.

The Bot is a very simple php script that is highly portable. Which means we could move it in it's more finished form to any place we wanted to have it set up, such as Xelerus - and could then be able to export the UNID registration database results anywhere we wanted them to be. It's really very simple. We could even port a page onto the forums, wiki, or main site to make it even more accessible to people.

Anyhow, let me know if it's something we want and I will finish up more features for the UNID Bot and I can permanently hang up my "UNID DB Manager" Hat. (Never said i was against having a robot do MY job.. lol)
Last edited by Periculi on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OMGSOMEONEELSEISMAKINGBOTS

Oh wait, it's a PHP script.

Can I make an IRC version that ties into your database?

EDIT:

After you set up the database I mean.
Last edited by schilcote on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Absolutely not. (there isn't a db for that yet, and I wouldn't be too willing to setup a mySQL db in the first place.)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Periculi wrote:Absolutely not.
Why not? :(

I won't mess up your database...

EDIT:

Oh okay. Well, when we get a database, I'll be writing a bot to read and write to it! Mwahahaha!

It'd be easier for me if it was some sort of really simple system, or just a really simple frontend for a system.

I think I'm going to go code a UNID database server right now.
Last edited by schilcote on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

:shock: That was fast. I addited my reason above.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Periculi wrote::shock: That was fast. I addited my reason above.
Heh, we're on at the same time.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Wouldn't a db be a little overkill? My first thought was just to use a flat file since it's really such a puny amount of data that's actually being tracked. And why, for the love of all sanity, would you NEED to have access to it on IRC?
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Periculi wrote:Wouldn't a db be a little overkill? My first thought was just to use a flat file since it's really such a puny amount of data that's actually being tracked. And why, for the love of all sanity, would you NEED to have access to it on IRC?
Well, all database means is a big collection of data that is accesible from multiple locations. It would probably just be a text file with a fancy network frontend.

As to your second question...

4 TEH LULZ

Plus it would be nice if someone comes on and says
H@i guize i can haz UNID for teh modz?
And you can say yes because Schilcote's Uber 1337 bot is in the channel!

EDIT:

Schilcote.
Sanity.

Think about it.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Go ahead and take the idea and run with it then. :lol: Enjoy.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Update:

Added new features:

Stores database of registered UNID - imported the existing entries.

New UNID can be added to the list - unique value validation.

Registered UNID can be viewed as a nice list. :)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How doth your database worketh? Can I tie into it?

Please?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Periculi, this is a great idea and it's highly needed. Thanks ! :D

The wiki is probably the best place where to store the script, IMHO.

We absolutely need more toolz like this to automate updates to the wiki, think about all the items of the game that needs to be parsed and updated every time there is a new release of the game.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Can we have a nice and clean DB that I can cheaply and easily link TMU to?
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Oh, looky - someone registered a new UNID:

0xD002 :: Sutekh

It's valid, and available, go figure. Now I guess I need to have the db order the unid values so the list stays organized...

Wolfy and shilcote - it's a text file. And it's hosted on a commercial server that really can't be experimented on by unknowns. Perhaps you can work something out that you can assume the liability for, instead, and I can help you by donating my little script to the cause.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I dunno. Can we host it on Neurohack.com servers? I'd place it on Bessie (my server) but I'd rather have it be official (plus the fact that Bessie is quite vulnerable to the ravaging conditions of the Buffer Zone, the area between my room and the rest of the world. Methinks I should equip her with a way to defend herself... maybe install a monopole :P).

EDIT:

And you forgot the C. Why does everyone forget the C?