Aeonic's Ship Gallery

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Foomerian Heavy Cruiser
The heavy cruisers are the flagships of the Foomerian fleet. Equipped with multiple ion cannons on each wing, an array of powerful forward mounted cannons, and two omnidirectional anti-capital ship turrets on top, as well as heavy armor and shielding, it is a force to be reckoned with.

Also, here's a link to the Praetorian:
Praetorian Player Ship
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Aeonic, I can't balance the weapons until I know when the foomerians are supposed to show up. I'll also need the ship images.

I can't do a station to your standards so if you want them to have stations I'll need some stations. Random encounters like the Xenophobes I can do easily.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I don't have anything in mind for stations, and since I've never attempted to equip these ships or see them in action, I don't really know where they'd be best used. Although I imagine that since they'll be using a lot of ion equipment, it would be best not to place them together with the Ares because they also use ion weapons.

Its possible to have different formations appear in different sections of the game. Weaker formations, light cruisers and yachts, could be found relatively early in the game perhaps around the Sung area. Medium cruisers and Huntress-class a little further down the line, and finally formations with heavy cruisers later in the game.

Yachts should be independent, retreating ships.

Light Cruisers should be independent ships.

Huntress should be an independent., aggressive ship.

Medium cruisers should come in a formation with two light cruisers.

Heavy cruisers should come in a formation with two medium cruisers and four light cruisers.

All ships besides yachts and huntress should be standoff, attempting to use their ion cannons to keep enemies at bay.

You can download the ship graphics and masks here.
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Done. How do you want me to get you the file so you can lookover it?
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You can just e-mail me stuff at archakelon which is a hotmail address.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's sent. I'm not sure if they're whay you want, but you can at least use the weapon offsets.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Gah, sorry, I'm confusing my e-mail addresses. Archakelon is a gmail address.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The hotmail version is apparently free if you want it.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Heh, looks like you took some creative liberties there. Can't wait to see how they turned out.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You weren't very specific, just that the circles were weapons mounts, the armor regenerated, and they used ion weapons.

There is a serious bug I noticed after sending though.

On line 835 that 100 should be 1000. Maybe higher.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Those ships are pretty gnarly. I'd rather have a Molotok chasing me any day. I also kind of enjoy having someone else arm them out and make up the details, although the ion pulse cannons might be SLIGHTLY overdone. Have you watched these ships in the preview area? Medium cruisers are unstoppable. I haven't even seen any heavy cruisers yet.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I may have overdone the last adjustment. The heavies were getting totally wased by Earth slavers so I stuck in some patch spiders and bumped up the armor levels at the same time I bumped up the range on the pulse cannons.

They had been getting slaughtered by Sung and Dwarg too easily and since they're svDestructiveChaos that meant all you saw were wrecks, kind of like all you usually see of Xenophob Defenders is wrecks.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well I just watched a Yacht teaching a Dwarg Behemoth a thing or two, so I don't think they're getting slaughtered anymore.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Oddly they never had trouble with behemoths even when they were getting slaughtered by Earth slavers. They had problems with dwarg masters until I gave them EMP immunity though and massed dwarg raiders. Dwarg Behemoths are very bad at dealing damage and very large numbers of low damage shots reduce the effectiveness of reflection because once the armor starts taking damage it starts to rerflect less reliably.

I'll do some more fiddling and see if I cen get them dieing to the right opponents.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I went through and gave the whole set some touch-ups:

- Ion pulses are half the speed and twice the lifetime, so they're a little easier to follow instead of just being a stream of dots. They're also a little smaller.

- Ion howitzers are now blue molten bolts that look a bit like what the Xenophobe Arc shoots.

- Light cruisers now have alternating light howitzers along with their four ion pulse cannons.

- Medium cruisers some equipped with alternating light howitzers and dual medium howitzers, and eight ion pulse cannons.

- Huntress-class has three dual medium howitzers up front.

- Heavy cruisers come with two dual medium howitzers and two "turbo" howitzers up front. Their ion pulse cannons consist of three heavy on each wing and a turbo at the back for rear defense. They are also now each equipped with two devastating plasma torpedo launchers.

In general the weaknesses I see with these ships is the obvious lack of rear defense and the high dependence on ion weaponry, making them vulnerable to ships that resist this form of damage. The heavy cruiser is not so much in danger because of its rear-firing plasma torpedoes and the fact that said torpedoes deal plasma damage instead of the usual ion, but most of the other ships will be vulnerable. It might not be a bad idea to change the damage type of the howitzers. I suspect they're also vulnerable to ships with firepower of longer range than theirs (huntress excluded).

If anyone wants to do some play-testing or just see them in action on the title screen, you can download the set here.