New Mod: Hard mod

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

intCorporateOnDestroy is correct (int means internal function ?), int means that the function is defined inside the Globals.

And yes, the corporate event spawns a corporate cruisers. sorryyy :oops:
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

digdug wrote:intCorporateOnDestroy is correct (int means internal function ?), int means that the function is defined inside the Globals.
Yeah, I stupidly prefixed all global functions with "int" to mean internal function (as opposed to the built-in functions).

Recently I have been prefixing functions with a three letter code representing the area of the game that they involve (e.g., "chr" for Charon pirate functions).
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I finished the game, and I enjoyed the hard mod very much. Thanks again ! :)

I resurrected 81 times, most of them in dwarg and sung systems.
Never found a QAC, I saved the Antarctica, and I destroyed the Iocrym with a plasma cannon +Fast (saved the rom from Eridani!).
13hours and 41 minutes of gameplay.
At the end I found most of the usual equipment i always use, and I found myself with ~600000 rins at Heretic.

I would like to suggest to strenghten the ares turrets, actually they are pretty lame, actually a Mammoth 100MW can stand 2-3 positron archcannon blasts from each turret from an ares shipyard (for a total of 18 hits ?), they are easy to destruct and don't pose a real treat if you're quick enough.
Stronger turrets--> more time to destroy them, more hits. :)

At the same time I tested my weapons extension (and i found some errors, and some typos), I wanted to test a whole game with it because i wanted to balance the price of the unknown weapons, they are pretty fine, it's not easy to exploit the difference of the prices between the unknown weapon and the known version.

And I also enjoyed the Stone Soup v4 at the same time, I travelled 47 systems in total, ejoyed the branches and the fear of being lost.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I guess I have some updates to make:

For the next update:

Fuel stations fix.
Ranx stations will wield akans.
Ares shipyards will wield (more) archcannons.
Ares Turrets will be at least twice as hard to destroy and will receive an extra arch cannon.
Volcanic asteroids will not give nearly as much ore.

EDIT: Done

Adventurer Outfitters, Teratons, and Taikon Ventures may not give so good prices on items (depending on whether or not that is easy to do).

EDIT: Adventurer Outfitters now costs you an arm and a leg. It also will buy things only for very low prices. Teratons and Tailkon, to my great chagrin, remain untouched...for now.

Ideally I'd like to make a recurring timer that removes credits and rins from the player (say 1 cred and 1 rin every 40-100 ticks as long as you have at least 1 cred and 1 rin) If I can do this without too much work, you will have to watch out for being low on cash. You might just not have enough for that decontamination job you desperately need done.
Last edited by F50 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

please don't push too much on the teraton prices, because they are the only place where to sell high level devices. Unless we have an alternative place where to sell stuff, they are the only option. (commonwealth stations are too poor)

Instead it would be interesting to remove the trading chamber from the teraton fabricator, it's just too easy to build whatever you want if you are rich enough.
Instead it would be interesting to have a teraton shipyard, a place where to refuel (at astronomical prices, or maybe using only vacuum-hadron fuel, so that you cannot refuel with the 500MW reactor) and to install/remove devices.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I don't see any problem with the Fabricator, you spend lots of resources to duplicate the ammo.

However, the current Teraton prices are *very* generous.

EDIT: Changes up on xelarus and on the first post in the thread. Teratons are now more expensive :twisted:
Last edited by F50 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yes, you spend a lot of resources at duplicating or creating weapons and devices, but it seems too easy to me to find all the high level ores and high level fuels at the same station.

at least split it in 2 different stations ? the teraton fabricator, the teraton resources trader and the standard teraton trade post ?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think I found a minor bug in the Hard Mod, that maybe comes directly from the station explosions mod: When you are rewarded with slaves at a sung slave camp, I always get an empty dockscreen (0 slave coffins, happened to me 6 times in a row)
I get the msg "save this poor slaves blah blah", but the dockscreen is always empty.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

hmmm...that would be serious. I am not sure where the problem could be. I'll check, but it may be a few days.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I am not getting your problem.

However, I have fixed another bug: Most corporate stations suffer from the same bug as the Fuel Depot. Moreover, the Corporate cruiser will never run out of ammo, will never leave a wreak (necessary due to the very nice ammoless weaponry) and fires faster. Guaranteed to fill your level VI ship with Gotha-10's until destroyed or your money back (provided you don't hide by a station, planet or asteroid of course). up on xelarus.