Bellfruit Question

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ok..these Bellfruit....I now they go ripe, and then rotten. I know that thehotels don't buy the rotten, but if you donate them at a habitat, they're grateful (that may be a bug)....

But I've got two questions:

1. How long do they keep.

2. Is there anywhere other than hotels that's a good place to sell them?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

each type of fruit has a longer incubation time which starts when it is created (not when you buy it)

Strawberries - 3 mintes
Peaches - 4 Mins
Bellfruit - 4 mins
Lucuma - 6 mins

The price is increased by 200 credits for every system between the selling system and St Katharines.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Are they created when you enter the St. Ks system for the first time, or at intervals?

Also, would this mean that Gems of Despair would make this a highly profitable trading system?
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The fruit is created when you enter St Kats the first time and then periodically afterwards, so there's always fruit available, sometimes 2 stacks.

PKodon made the stasis pod mod specifically to extend the life of the fruit so you can transport it further. Gems of despair may not work, in that the fruit checks game ticks directly to calculate if they've expired.
Using the jumpdrive to gate to a late game sys could add alot of value to the fruit but if you can afford the jumpdrive then the few thousand cred profit is probably not worth the trouble (or the fuel)
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Gems of contrition, though, take you to Elysium just like a jumpdrive used on a stargate. Since St. K, Elysium, and Eridani are all fairly consistantly structured and Eridani always has a gate in Elysium that puts the Eridani corporate enclave less than a thousand light seconds from the St. K arco.
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Did the gem names get swapped? I though Gem Of Despair was the one that jumped you to elysium.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Um. Maybe. They really need better names. Identification shouldn't leave you as unable to tell two items apart as you were before you identified them.
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Atarlost wrote:Um. Maybe. They really need better names. Identification shouldn't leave you as unable to tell two items apart as you were before you identified them.
The gem of contrition activation text does help, though, since it fits with the name. Also, I'm pretty sure you do have the names backwards, since they were definately GoC for timefreeze and GoD for Elysium in .99c. It really would confuse me more to change the names to more descriptive ones.

Or maybe I've just been playing this game too long. In my day, we had a commonwealth station in the charon system! And it didn't get reinforcements, because nowhere did back then! And there was only the Incryom mothership, and it didn't have any guns other than the ones on front! Or shields! And you could only kill it with the penitent cannon! Uphill, in the snow, both ways!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

GoC: Freezes time, so you can do the time warp again. Doesn't work on the Command Ship though. :P

GoD: Gates you to beside Tan.Ru.Dorem in Elysium.

GoS: ???????? (Yeah. We know what that does :P )

And in Eridani, you can sell fresh stuff for a nice tidy profit! (No hotel in Jiang's Star....and it woulda needed G.O.D. Mod to get there. I wanted to do it without cheating.)
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

What about bellfruit? Is this some mod or vanilla? I've never seen one.
Curudan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Brzelius wrote:What about bellfruit? Is this some mod or vanilla? I've never seen one.
Bellfruit are in the vanilla game. You can buy them at the Saint Katherine's system arcology.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

(name here) wrote:Or maybe I've just been playing this game too long. In my day, we had a commonwealth station in the charon system! And it didn't get reinforcements, because nowhere did back then! And there was only the Incryom mothership, and it didn't have any guns other than the ones on front! Or shields! And you could only kill it with the penitent cannon! Uphill, in the snow, both ways!
And then came along 0.97 when it was riduculously difficult to kill the mothership without the silly quanlong archcannon cuz the shields regened waay too fast... :P
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

In the New Victoria Arcology: "The Arts" quarter, I noticed that the Trafalgar Pub has been removed, and only the Victorian Nightclub remains. If this is supposed to be the capitol of human space, then should there not be more to the "arts" than a nightclub?

Also, the "University Quarter," could use more options; why not expand this to include courses which would enable you to identify roms, items, weapons, and devices. For instance, the unknown rom states that it holds some sort of software, but that you do not know what it is. Well, if you went to the University, and took a "course" in software programming, then you would "know" what each rom was for. The same could go for devices, starship engines, reactors, - etc.

Final comment: the Militia Headquarters: yesterday I made it to St.K's and went into the Militia HQs. I went to the mission office, and was told that there were no missions; even though the outer rings of St. K's were teeming with "enemies of the state" (no offense to Will Smith), there were no missions for me. This is one area that could use some expansion. As long as there is one enemy station left in operation, there should be a mission available to wipe it out of existence. What say you, fellow modders?
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

i agree with the military part. with the new fortress code, you can't even do missions for the fortress unless you have an ID. i can't remember where else you can even get a military ID, but it's an absolutely essential thing to have just about at St. Ks and beyond.