Expanding the commonwealth fleet

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So, CSCs can be a little boring sometimes. I've thought of a few things that might make them more interesting:

1: A Stores and Maintenance deck. This is where they do repairs on equipment, etc. It would have several options. First off, you could bring in fuel, ammo, weapons, armor, shields, or what have you, and give it to the people in stores. They in turn would give you 'chits' (or whatever you want to call them) to make withdrawals from the stores. The maintenance portion of the deck could repair damaged items, with varying effectiveness depending on type.

2: A Map Room. Any commander worth their salt wants to know the terrain they have to fight in. Here you can view a map of the system (view only, not copy). You can also give them a copy of your map...for some sort of reward, of course.

3: All CSCs have all decks. Just as it sounds. All these options would be available on all carriers, but some of them would be useless on some of them. For instance, on the infirmary ships, when you try to select 'flight deck' you get a message saying "Sorry sir, but the flight deck sustained heavy damage in our last engagement. Repair crews only." This would also explain why they're in such desperate need of medical supplies. This sort of thing would make the game more immersive, in my opinion.

4: Fighter diversity. Only having one kind of fighter seems a little silly to me. I'd like to see a scout fighter and a missile fighter added at the very least. What would be even cooler would be for the scout fighters to go out patrolling...and have what they see added to the map room when they return. Missile fighters instead of centurions for base busting missions would be a plus also.

5: More support ships. I'd love to see fuel tenders, missile/fighter interdiction ships, siege ships, screening ships (with ion reflectors?) etc. Big fleet battles with diverse kinds of ships would be unholy awesome. :D

I know a lot of this is somewhat pie-in-the-sky, but including the full rag-tag glory of the fleet in the game is something I think would vastly improve it.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Great ideas! I particularly like the idea about a map room.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

the additional types of ships and the patrols can be solved with the CSC part of the fleets mod. Neither will a xenophobe worldship kill a CSC hands down.
Stormhawk
Closed Account
Closed Account

That sounds awesome, it would be cool if the war would actually go somewhere too.