New Insurance function

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So, the other day (well, today actually) I was trapped above a planet hiding from all the ships attacking me, and I thought that I needed help.

How about at the insurance station you can also buy Reinforcement Insurance? You pay them 10k, and you're given a Emergency Beacon, an item that when used calls two or three ships (or a corp cruiser) to your rescue.
You cannot, however, buy another while you already have one due to "limited supply" ;)

There's also a Deluxe version costing 25k that either calls three corp cruisers or a new, Advanced Corporate Cruiser that's like, more than twice as strong. Due to even more limited supply, you can buy only one per game.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Betcha don't get your deposit back if you call them to attack a Phobos.

I like this idea. I think it's been suggested several times before, and I think Oddbob actually implemented it. That was a few versions ago, though.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Cool idea :)

I hope it gets implemented.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Would be an interesting item to use in Heretic... :P
Bokasha
Anarchist
Anarchist

Maybe the deluxe version could deploy an Aquila cruiser? If there's only one per gema I mean...
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

FAD wrote:Would be an interesting item to use in Heretic... :P
"Beacon use has failed. Your signals are being jammed." ;)
Bokasha wrote:Maybe the deluxe version could deploy an Aquila cruiser? If there's only one per gema I mean...
Awesome 8)
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yugimotomanager wrote: "Beacon use has failed. Your signals are being jammed." ;)
:lol: ...so use it in the system just before jumping to Heretic and he'll follow. Unless you're aiming at a one-shot deal where they come, kill then leave? That would make me think twice about forking out a bit of $$$ for a temporary relief hitter.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

FAD wrote:
Yugimotomanager wrote: "Beacon use has failed. Your signals are being jammed." ;)
:lol: ...so use it in the system just before jumping to Heretic and he'll follow.
Unfortunately, not currently possible. Game coding difficulty, I think - George never really explained why :|
FAD wrote:Unless you're aiming at a one-shot deal where they come, kill then leave?
Yup.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thats for enemy ships, not friendlys. unless what you're saying is taht the ship isnt friendly. :?

This reminds me of the time i had 2 wingman(rama and a behemoth) and a few autons. I used a gem and all my wingmen and my autons came int the system. God knows what they did :roll: .
>.<