Idea for a mission

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

:idea:

I was thinking that a mission that would be quite neat would be if there was a second Charon Fortress, perhaps secreted away early in the game (something to avoid). The fortress would be much tougher than the one in Charon, not necessarily with better weapons, but superb shields and armour (can stations even have shields?).

You could recieve a mission from Korolov shipping after they rebuild their base, or perhaps if you manage to protect it from the initial onslaught and they provide you with a large barrel of explosives marked "Thanksgiving" or "Guy Fawkes" or something clever. The only way to destroy this legendary base is by either mashing it with incredibly high-powered artillary (the likes of which you won't find until late in the game), or dropping the barrel near the base and shooting it from a safe distance, which blows and either destroys the base outright in a massive explosion, or (prefered) showers the base with toxic radioactive debris.

Fun

I don't have any idea how to code these things, but I thought I might throw this one out there for someone to pick up.

The idea of explosive barrels could be used outside of that mission. Shooting barrels of radioactive waste could be a fun and messy way to take out bases.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Sounds like a great idea! :D

I don't think it should be a Charon base, though. Maybe something to expand the Xenophobes with?
Could be a CSC mission, though sounds more Black Market-ey to me.
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Sure, as long as you get to kill someone.

The more I think about it, the more this mission suits the black market, but I'm just not sure who they would have such a vendetta on that the player would be willing to risk the mission.

A rival drug dealer maybe. Start a turf war.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Maybe the Xenophobes killed the leader of the BM's (I forget his name) wife (and, coincidentally, a very expensive and powerful mobile BM-CSC that he had just invested most of his money in)? ;)
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think Lord Mikeno is a she(?)
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Lord Mikho is a he, but his assistant you talk to is a woman. Aubrey I think her name is.

How do I know Lord Mikho is a he? Ha Ha! Because otherwise (s)he would be Lady Mikho :wink:
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Also you get to meet Lord M. and it's pretty clear he's a man. THE man as a matter of fact. ;)

If we ever get a stargate network I suggest that you have to actually find the charon system (it should be pretty remote - otherwise the corps would take them out)