Broadcasting tombstones to IRC

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
XB7
Anarchist
Anarchist

I noticed that the tombstone data is sent to the server when logged in. That's a really cool new feature!

Stone Soup, a telnet Rouge, broadcasts their tombstones via IRC. Incidentally, that process generates a lot of social activity in the channel. Considering Transcendence is only a php script away from accomplishing this, I'd like to offer to build the script. It would run at each time stats get sent into the server upon death. Later on, we could even incorporate major achievements during play.

http://www.codingforums.com/archive/ind ... 91765.html gives a nice example of how easy it would be to implement, pending the proper amount of stat data is being sent to the server to generate the tombstone message.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Seconded!
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What are tomb stones?

Probably the only reason I haven't implemented such things is because I never heard anyone ask. Or I have no idea what it is your talking about. :roll:

Update: If people send the data to me, I could have a stats / publish system up in a few minutes, its already setup to to most of this, just needs to be sent to the irc bots.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

How do I send stats? I can make a wiki page on it and link everybody there ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
XB7
Anarchist
Anarchist

By tombstones, I meant the accomplishment. This could be a sample message on the IRC:

XB-7 - human mail - EI500-Class Freighter
Destroyed by the pirate ship Xuanlong in the Groombridge System
Played for 1 hour and 1 minute
Score: 1,145, Called on Domina 0 Times, No Mods Loaded

It looks like version 1.08b sends this info to the server if you're logged in.

Maybe in a later version, major accomplishments could also be sent to the server (if you're interested in collecting those stats).

From there you could even include the same info via jQuery on the website. This would be an excellent foundation for integrating more social interaction between the application and the website.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

XB7 wrote:By tombstones, I meant the accomplishment. This could be a sample message on the IRC:

XB-7 - human mail - EI500-Class Freighter
Destroyed by the pirate ship Xuanlong in the Groombridge System
Played for 1 hour and 1 minute
Score: 1,145, Called on Domina 0 Times, No Mods Loaded

It looks like version 1.08b sends this info to the server if you're logged in.

Maybe in a later version, major accomplishments could also be sent to the server (if you're interested in collecting those stats).

From there you could even include the same info via jQuery on the website. This would be an excellent foundation for integrating more social interaction between the application and the website.

it worked in previous versions however there was an apparent bug in this feature in the latest beta