Endless Mode

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Nomad Hellfist
Anarchist
Anarchist

I thought about how Transcendence would work as a sandbox game, and I came to the conclusion that Transcendence should have an Endless mode after the main game is finished.

Possible features of Endless mode:
  • Accessible after winning the main game
  • If starting from last game won, starts the player with all statistics reset, but with all items held at the moment of winning the game
  • Every system is a new, randomly-generated system with one stargate (certain systems like St. Katharine's Star can appear more than once, but are different from the last time they were visited)
  • Stargates are one-way only; cannot backtrack to any previous systems (because they are deleted from memory)
  • Difficulty (and tech) level of systems increases every 5-10 systems until maximum
  • Can only reach the final system from Elysium, which can only be reached by the usual methods (ie. Gem of Despair, transpace jumpdrive)
  • Final system contains only one stargate to a random system and one boss ship/fleet that needs to be destroyed to win
  • Upon winning, the statistics for the current run is saved and Endless mode begins all over again
If this had been suggested before, please tell me about it.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

There is a Sandbox. However, those modes haven't been suggested yet. If you can mod, you could contribute those modes to Sandbox :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think this is a true sandbox everything is fully generated at random. Indeed, as RPC said, stop by IRC sometime, discuss sandbox ideas, if you can mod, definitively help out!
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

I suggested having predefined mini-networks containing faction capitols stitching them together randomly with random webbing; last I heard their topology engineer was working on just that :).

A linear survival mode could also be interesting, but I don't know if there's enough topo-related script commands to make it work without being a big static-data kludge yet.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think we can have a balance of the two.
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

How about a solar system where you'd be constantly attacked by ships, as in the screen saver.

On that solar system there would only be one station, in which you only could buy, refuel, repair the armor, (instal / remove) devices and convert money.

It would be a test of endurance, the more resources you have when you finish the game, the more time you could survive.

:)
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

How about a solar system where you'd be constantly attacked by ships, as in the screen saver.

On that solar system there would only be one station, in which you only could buy, refuel, repair the armor, (instal / remove) devices and convert money.

It would be a test of endurance, the more resources you have when you finish the game, the more time you could survive.

:)
battlezone ? http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=307