Space 911 Rescue Medics vs. Insurance?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

In one of the topics I read about the issue (or non-issue) of insurance. Then I got an idea.

Why not a space EMT or a medical rescue team in space where you can find it in the Commonwealth Settlements, Shipyards, and Forts besides the CSC Infirmaries? This will be very helpful to those of us who are trying to play Permadeath right? The player may be asked for a fee of course or must obtain an ID or something to avail of it's service instead of paying up a premium for just one insurance cover.

We had problems in early game plays of death due to fuel shortage, radiation, and friendly fire right so why not with just one click we can be saved?
It is much easier to do than rely on insurance and I believe like in both radiation or fuel issues we still live a bit longer than being blown to bits by enemies so there still a bigger chance of survival and rescue. I got the idea when in the Heretic, Kates' ship gets stung by those pesky pteravores and I was still able to get her and also when I got a CSC mission to save the Lamplighter scientist.

Wrecking or tow ships will also be needed so salvaging our ship can still extend our playing time without the hassle of dying all the time.

Those who get what I mean can please mod this (sadly I'm still not in the know with mark-up languages). If George approves of this can it be part of another version of Trans?
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, I think this is a good Idea. like, maybe one could send a distress-signal?
and than you would pay a fee to salvagers who would pick up and repair your ship. and if you can't pay, the salvagers loot your cargo, and if that isn't enough, they then will take your ship.

Fate: imprisoned in a salvager nomad because he couldn't afford the salvage fee.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Ha-ha-ha! Right-on bro! Seriously, it's very badly needed fix for those who wish to play permadeath. A panic button, a lifeline.

Hey why don't you try modding this Resident-Pyro? Your ideas are great too. :)

Me I'm just too lazy to write codes. Makes me sleepy. :lol:
blizgerg
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

This is what I use Domina powers for.
Silly on #transcendence
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

blizgerg wrote:This is what I use Domina powers for.
:lol: good point
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Makes me wish that some Domina Powers were emergency use- activated by one button press, not two.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

blizgerg wrote:This is what I use Domina powers for.
You see Domina powers depend on how much cash and psionic offerings we give to the Sisters but this one is different.

Here's how it would work:
1. We need a ROM.
2. It can be bought (just like a membership card) or
3. It can be awarded to us by Korolov, the BM, Commonwealth Stations, and even by Domina Sisters.
4. It can save us when:
a.we get ambushed,
b.lose fuel in mid flight or in a battle
c.accidental explosions due to weapons misfire
d.friendly fire damage

It is will not be a redundancy of Domina Powers because it aims to save us when there's still time for the player to think and react to send a distress call for help. Domina Powers come in stages (like the automatic Desperate Escape for instance). There's clear and present danger so to speak.

Exclusions:
1. Suicide or Self Destruct (it will defeat the purpose of why we play permadeath right? I leave it to Clavius Insurance to cover that.) :)\
2. Not applicable in Eridani, Charon System and beyond Point Juno.
3. Not applicable in Battle Arena, Korolov , Commonwealth Militia or CSC Missions.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Last call... There's commerce, school in St. K, insurance, Parliament, dry docks, battle arenas, military fleet infirmary, mining industry, sanctums, bars and night clubs, HOTELS(?), trading posts, service centers (tinkers), visibly but supposedly underground black market stations and even drug lords but NO HOSPITAL!!!!! How ironic isn't it? Do drugs and do illegal trade then die. :cry:
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I got new ideas about this .... but I still can't find the right syntax to use. Next time. 8-)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm thinking of a hospital that looked similarly with Rasiermesser building with space ambulances that 's similar to an EI100 freighter(with a red cross on top of course). Or how about something that looks like those Interstellar hotels? Hmmmm. :?:
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ok, ok I'll scrap the panic button! It'll work automatically like Clavius but... you'll wake up in a hospital! Why am I pursuing this? Maybe I'm interested in modding it. I just don't know where or how to start. :roll:
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

to Panic button your ship would have to do several things at once:
A)
gate your ship out of danger; ,

B)
give your action a call to the dockscreen for your hospital :

C)
on " continue" your ship undocks and your drifting next to your hospital:

D)

How to get the ship away from the enemy ? gem of despair code or the insurance codes.
How to get to the Hospitol? Good question: where are they ? how frequent are they in a system?
in order for insurance to work you need a commonwealth station in the system.
In order to get your gate away from danger to work you need to know where you are going.

I have several ROMS that move the player around: a few were totally evil and I never used them
( would put you at an Ares Commune , it was for the Auviq but I did not add it since not only a few were friendly) :
but as a ROM or gem it is not much of a panic button because players can die very quick.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

shanejfilomena wrote:to Panic button your ship would have to do several things at once:
A)
gate your ship out of danger; ,

B)
give your action a call to the dockscreen for your hospital :

C)
on " continue" your ship undocks and your drifting next to your hospital:

D)

How to get the ship away from the enemy ? gem of despair code or the insurance codes.
How to get to the Hospitol? Good question: where are they ? how frequent are they in a system?
in order for insurance to work you need a commonwealth station in the system.
In order to get your gate away from danger to work you need to know where you are going.

I have several ROMS that move the player around: a few were totally evil and I never used them
( would put you at an Ares Commune , it was for the Auviq but I did not add it since not only a few were friendly) :
but as a ROM or gem it is not much of a panic button because players can die very quick.
Why is it so complicated? AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
Wow. I really have to figure out a lot more to make this work. :?