Patch spiders

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have an Idea, and I want to here your input on this. I think the patch spiders should have sprites and actually be seen in the game. like crawling around on your ship. moving to the armor sections most damaged. This would not only look cool, but you could tell if patch spiders were in use just by looking at your ship.

I was wondering, I can't remember who did the improved patch Spider Icon, but Could this person render sprites of the Patch spider? Like a pteravore, except it's just one anmation of moving legs.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Personally I think that could create a CPU problem for less-then- perfect systems: like the Hive can have a Dell running at top speed to keep up with the timer and the game itself; but it is a nice idea.... and if the ship takes damage while the animation is running it could very well create other problems for the game engine tracking the life-left/ damage statistics especially if you run the pteravores, they are basicaly described by the game engine as Missles ( which is why the Longreach cannon works to fend them off ) so if your callingf a missile image to your ship getting hit by Ion......I think it best to pick another image, and an add-in image would probably be better.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Relative to the size of the ship the spider would likely and isn't visible.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

yeah, they're only two tons apiece. That's like two barrels of radioactive waste.

...for those of you who didnt get that, it was sarcasm.
Last edited by Amariithynar on Mon May 02, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Amariithynar wrote:yeah, they're only two tons apiece. That's like two barrels of radioactive waste.
... :roll:
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Well that explains a few things, but really, its small just about the size of a human. too bad we don't have mockups of a relative size of a 6ft human vs ship(s).
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I would like it. If we used the way pteravores are overlays, at least I know what direction to face so that my patch [whatever] doesn't get blown off :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

If you used the overlays then it might be possible to make a static image, but a moving one would be a lot more difficult.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

windows: the ships have windows and the relativity of a size set up to it is good enough to scale a ship ( but I do not think all ships have their windows scaled to the size of the ship, just scaled to be visible )

and once to task this scale you will see the wolfen is bigger then one pilot so droids are welcome on that ship:) :

In my mind ( screwy place full of junk ) the windows on a wolfen are 3 to 4 feet high , probably 4( note the panels of the Hull : 2 feet panels are just not productive to make because the amount would be alot of material in transit to a ship yard )

in my vision of it : the wolfen is 12 feet wide at the cockpit : 6 feet on the arms : 12 x 6 for the body across and about 8 high at least.
+++++ for a Spider to be efective it has to be able to reach most of the segments: say 3 feet reach but small enough to hide in battles under a hull crease or curve : so if the spider was 3/4 the segment it could work ( but pteravores are larger then that? no?)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I have an Idea, and I want to here your input on this. I think the patch spiders should have sprites and actually be seen in the game.
I actually love this idea: it would be easy to do, just slap an overlay of a patch spider on the ship when you install the device. The overlay can be similar in size to the pteravore.
Actually I would like to extend the idea to everything that is mounted externally on a ship, like external weapons, spinal mounts etc...
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

So... what happens when you have 6-7 patch spiders there? >_>; Really, making small 8 limbed things that scurry over your ship would be neat, though- small enough to easily flit about around on a Hornet.

btw: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Millennium_Falcon using that as a guideline, you can see it has a cargo capacity of 100 tons. since the size of the ship is really quite massive in comparison to a human, you can probably extrapolate size for trans ships from there.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If someone renders tje sprite I will write the code for it. Should only take few minutes.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!