V6 wyvern

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I was thinking that the NAMI heavy launcher needs a homing missile, And I suggest the V6 wyvern. It would boast extremely long range and tracking ability. with a lower damage impact, but a greater amount of shards than the M2.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Don't think, pal, Just Mod it! :D
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Y'know what, I will. I will mod in the V6 Wyvern.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Medusa with a target selected does the tracking missile job. Besides, NAMI heavy missiles are Greek. I don't think the Wyvern is Greek. The 'w' is a dead giveaway.
Literally is the new Figuratively
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Call it the V6 Harpies. Harpies are stinky hounds of Zeus I think. 8-)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Harpies.... :?: Smells like disease.
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

NOOOOOO!
I had a Harpy for a English teacher......she smelled like burnt Pizza.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Name them the V8 Typhon instead, then? He was the king of all monsters, so it'd be appropriate, in my mind, that the biggest, baddest missile would also be Typhon. Do give it a good turning radius though.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

You see guys Harpies, as I recall are flying serpents with dog like faces. An unfortunate dude once irked the Olympian gods for being too smart and then sent these gross creatures to torture the man by crapping on his food each time he tries to eat. EEEEEEW!!!! :lol: .
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpy Though they still poo'd on stuff, they were birds with human parts; Sometimes only a face, sometimes with a torso byut the face is beaked, sometimes allmost entirely woman except feet and wings, sometimes a spare set of arms inside the wings. There are many variations.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ohhh... But they're way much cuter with dog faces. He-he-he. :D
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How about Hydra? Olympus? Saturn 100? Titan 5? Triton? Furies? Aphrodite A or B? What the heck! Call it what you want it Pyroman. Just make it awesomely cool and deadly. :D
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ooh, the Hydra- I can see it now... A seeking missile that splits into smaller micro-missiles when shot. :D
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Amariithynar wrote:Ooh, the Hydra- I can see it now... A seeking missile that splits into smaller micro-missiles when shot. :D
reminds me of the Mega rockets launched in Dark Orbit ( can I say that? ) they started this feature of a launcher and it naturally progressed into a hail of rockets feature ( but with low hit points, just alot of them ): they have gone over the edge of sanity with it now and this is a good point to consider because it's a slippery slope to run into the land of unbalanced so bad its broke .
( they had to pull the feature for months to fix the unbalanced factors and while it was on my ship in that game ( i don't play it anymore, Transcendence is better ): the rockets cost too much for the damage they cause )
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well, they could have two functions: When they get close, they break into three mini-missiles. These will impact normally. If the main missile gets shot and "destroyed", it instead spawns the three mini-missiles. If THESE missiles are shot, they split again into three more missiles (1/10th the damage or, a flat 1 damage, or whatever; balance the numbers appropriately).

So, just to put it into point form,

*Main missile will spawn three mini-missiles of shot or gets close to target.
*Mini-missiles will split into three micro-missiles if shot, but will impact and explode against the target normally otherwise.
*Micro-missiles will explode if shot or on impact.