What do YOU want in 1.06?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

After you choose what item to drop, I'd like to see the Teraton fabricator interface ask you how many, the way the interface asks you how many of an item you want to sell or donate at other types of station. This this would make using the fabricator far faster and less tedious, without affecting the balance of the game in any way.

I think this could be done easily using a little bit of the code from, for example, the Commodity Exchange sell screens. I'm sure this could be done in a mod, but can't see any reason not to implement it in the vanilla game.
Last edited by Yama on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Wraithwynd
Miner
Miner

I'm (patiently) waiting for one of you computer geeks who know how to mod stuff to decide, ya know, we need a program that allows a person to insert 'stuff' to 'build' ships and 'stuff' without having to learn whatever language it is that this game (and I assume other games) use.

EXAMPLE:
<StationType UNID="&stMinedOre;"
name= "Mined Ore"
noArticle= "true"
sovereign= "&svIndependent;"
dockScreen= "&dsMinedOre;"

maxStructuralHitPoints="100"

scale= "ship"
mobile= "true"
mass= "10"
destroyWhenEmpty= "true"
noMapIcon= "true"

attributes= "ore"
>

<ImageVariants>
<Image imageID="&rsStations1;" imageX="560" imageY="512" imageWidth="24" imageHeight="24" />
<Image imageID="&rsStations1;" imageX="560" imageY="536" imageWidth="24" imageHeight="24" />
<Image imageID="&rsStations1;" imageX="560" imageY="560" imageWidth="24" imageHeight="24" />
<Image imageID="&rsStations1;" imageX="560" imageY="584" imageWidth="24" imageHeight="24" />
Most of these/this is Greek (or is it Geek?) to me. BTW this is the lovely little Ore Mining Auton that I really, really wished would show up in an early system (one of the first 5 systems would be nice).

It would be nice if there was an 'add-on' type program, a side program that allows us non-technologically gifted people to open up a window and have non-tech selections to 'construct' our own ships, autons, blah from default lists of 'stuff' that is written in English.

Now I know folk can make 'add-on' type programs, or stand alone programs that 'ease' the suffering of us primitive low tech folk. I have seen and even used these sorts of programs that thoughtful geeky folk have created for us slower, more stupid computer illiterate types.

No I am not expecting the power of a God to write new script and invent totally new things that requires all of these new graphics and programs type stuff. But it would be nice to 'design' new stations that have a list of things that the game already does so we can customize stations. Or autons/wingmen.

It would be nice to be able to pull together our starting ship from a list of 'stuff' that is in the game. I like the shape of one ship, but I do not like the kinetic weapons, maybe I can pick X ship and give it lasers with the lowest 'starter' shields and generator and stuff.

Currently I have no clue how to use the Ronin Class to design a starter ship that has the omnidirectional lasers, or how to make the mining auton show up in earlier systems so I do not have to waste so much time mining when I only have a few hours a day that I can play.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i recently found a good quote that applies to this very well
spend 5 minutes porting a program or spend 5 years writing a program to port it for you
(i cant remember what the exact quote is or where i saw it but thats close enough)
not trying to be mean here but... writing something like that really isn't worth it IMHO when the language used by trans is very easy to pick up. and if you join the irc you will get lots of help to learn it :D

/rant
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Wraithwynd
Miner
Miner

sdw195 wrote:i recently found a good quote that applies to this very well
spend 5 minutes porting a program or spend 5 years writing a program to port it for you
(i cant remember what the exact quote is or where i saw it but thats close enough)
not trying to be mean here but... writing something like that really isn't worth it IMHO when the language used by trans is very easy to pick up. and if you join the irc you will get lots of help to learn it :D

/rant
Yeah well. Some of us spend 8-12 hours a day 5 days a week keeping the physical world going, ya know building real stuff, fixing the hardware of the world, digging the ditches that keep everything else dry.

By the time we get home we do not want to spend additional hours learning (working) new stuff when all we want to do is escape into a game with as little real frustration as possible.

I downloaded and played this game after my knee operation, this was around the time I joined this forum (Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:16 pm). I posted a little, until my knee healed, then I went back to building - the real world, the physical world. Now I have a 'vacation' of two weeks. I already killed one week going with the Mrs to visit people north of us... Now I have this last week to: Paint the living room, clear out the shed/garage and play a few hours of computer games.

Next week I will spend another 50 months working, 8-10 hour days 5 days a week with little to no time to invest in playing games or learning a computer program/language that will in all likelihood be an obsolete 'skill' 10 years from now when new programs will sweep the world of computing and new games will rise up to leave this one in the dust.

But hey, I will be of retirement age 'soon' how soon depends on if there is Social Security in 10-20 years or if they really carry through and decide to push the retirement age up to 70 or 75. When I retire I will have all the time in the world to learn new tricks... if this old dog isn't too old to learn new tricks.

:lol:
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Another thing and I already made my statement about it: Hospitals. :|
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......