AI Suggestion: Stay Away From Exploding Things

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Don't know if its possible for the AI to check the blast radius of a target's explosion beforehand, but it would be nice if they at least had the sense to friggin stay away from things that are about to explode. It really took the coolness out of the Britannia mission when 4 out of 6 of my otherwise undamaged Britannias got blown to smithereens because the morons decided it would be cool to sit on top of the Ares Commune while it blew up.

Would it be so hard to tell the AI: hey, this thing is about to blow up, so make some space, huh?
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I wish the AI was better. I'd rather fight an end boss with normal weaponry, but was smart enough to dodge all my missiles and give me a run for my money with intelligence alone instead of just having all ships be morons with progressively bigger guns.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad