Shields

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's too late to do any good at all unless you're using something like worldship plate.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What if the flashes started at the boarder, but gradually extend more to the center of the screen as the armor gets more damage? or gradually increased in opacity?

I could probably fail to notice anything subtle like the armor hit graphic (if I am watching where my shots go, not my ship) and sound (they all blend together).
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is it that complicated to let the player adjust the warning threshold?
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Atarlost wrote:That's too late to do any good at all unless you're using something like worldship plate.
That's not true at all. If you're in the midst of a firefight where you're taking so much damage that the 25% armor that you have remaining won't help you, then you are probably screwed to begin with and red flashes wouldn't make any difference at any point.

I've encountered numerous occasions where I'm in a dogfight with some pirates or other small groups of bad guys, I realize my armor is getting to the critical point, so I turn tail and run. Most of my custom ships are setup differently so the armor display turns red when your armor is getting low. When I see things turning red on my HUD (which happens when they're depleted to around 25%) that means its time to leave, or at least angle my ship in a different direction. Red flashes on the screen would work just as well at that point.
Is it that complicated to let the player adjust the warning threshold?
Since Transcendence doesn't seem to have any configuration settings anywhere, I'm going to say yes.
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.