[Concept+WIP] The Moreillian Chronicles: A Prejudiced Galaxy

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It will be interesting to play GSDF vs HK police, though we need to solve turret rotation, docking, and rolling over objects destroying them/bouncing off them, throttle control, among some other problem that I have yet to think of.
Last edited by Autohummer on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Has resurfaced!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Yeah, lots of things to think of, but would be awesome if it's done :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'd love to see some urban action on the streets of Tabinka, too. After I complete the Aerospace module, I'll try making a Ground one.
Has resurfaced!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Here's the planet system idea that was for Sandbox, you might be able to change it so that it could be a land area instead of a planet instead ;)
EDIT* added link, sorry autohummer :(
Last edited by RPC on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Atmospheric combat is also good for the ASDF. Imagine taking a 7,500 metre long battle ship into the upper layers of a gas giant and taking on a hostile fleet, that would be epic.

(Link doesn't work?)
Has resurfaced!
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Experimental texture attempt on the Starflare was a success.
Has resurfaced!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nice texture! :D
Btw, did you see the planet system? If you need help with some code you can ask me ;)
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Not yet, but I will in the future.

Storm Eagle texturing done. Then I found out that a strikecraft with that name exists in the Warhammer 40K universe. :shock:
Has resurfaced!
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

All non-capital craft textured.
Has resurfaced!
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Tabinka Metalworks Impeder Mk. I Heavy Tank

In early 5317, an internal research reported that available Moreillian military equipment were completely insufficient to protect and defend important dignitaries against any kind of attack. The report pointed out the catastrophic results of a hypothetical evacuation of a Princess with a mixed, division-sized force of infantry, Sabretooth MBTs, Striker IFVs and BTR-800s against an hypothetical prince in hulking black armour, wielding a violently huge great-sword. All Strikers and Battle Transports were lost, including the one carrying the HVI, infantry suffered a horrific 98% causality rate and 17 out of the 20 Sabretooths engaged were destroyed. The scenario had the GSDF troops being practically annihilated without contributing significantly to the battle, and, in the words of the leader of research team, Maj. General Robert Kampfmann, "The Princess ended up having to do everything by herself."

In response to the findings, the GSDF issued an enquiry of specifications for a vehicle that could:

Carry sufficient boiling vessels (BV) and any equipment required to make no less than 15 litres of tea in 30 minutes.

Carry enough food for three weeks of independent operation.

Be armoured well enough to withstand an indefinite amount of strong blows from a great-sword no lighter than 10 tons, 1.5 metres in width and 3 metres in length from any direction.

Be armed with at least two cannons of 200mm caliber or above.

Carry enough weapons to sufficiently protect itself from no less than 4,000 hostile, green, short, humanoid creatures.

Have sufficient room to carry at least 2 important dignitaries with seating and at least 10 additional staff without seating.

In response, the Tabinka Metalworks, well known for supplying the Tabinkan landfleets and the inventor of steamhulks, created the Impeder. At a weight of 273.2 tons, it is one of the heaviest land vehicles in the galaxy to not be used as a landship. It is armed with dual 300mm smoothbore cannons with 100 rounds in storage, each with its own coaxial 20mm autocannon with 10,000 20×110 mm Hispano rounds, 4 sponson-mounted 140mm short-barrel smoothbore cannons with 200 rounds each, a pintle-mounted 12.7mm heavy machine gun with 2,000 .50 BMG cartridges, a pintle-mounted 25mm automatic grenade launcher with 400 rounds, and a massive 14-launcher array of GAM-18 Bloodhound missiles.

Armour was excellent, tests with 140mm armed Sabretooths showed only minimal damage after 150 repeated hits to the front glacis. A loaned Dern T-170C MBT with its fearsome SHP-80 heavy plasma cannon failed to cause lethal damage even after expending all carried ammunition. A heavy construction pile-driver with its payload replaced with a 25 ton depleted-uranium, tungsten-titanium alloy core great-sword was used to test its weakest point, the hatches, and the results were astounding, the great-sword snapped after being rammed against the hatches without effect for 1760 times at full power.

The Impeder successfully passed all its requirements with flying colours, however, since speed was not explicitly demanded, the prototypes were under-powered, with a Standard Dynamics E-150 diesel engine giving it a painfully slow speed of 5 km/h. The operational Mk. I was given a great boost in speed and power with the replacement of the E-150 with a Tabinka L-15 landship reactor, which put it at a respectable 35 km/h.

Moreillian. Armour. Superiority.

Developed as the perfect "Princess Defense and Evacuation Vehicle", the Impeder was first fielded by the 107th Tabinkan Steamhulks Division, the appearance of these mountains of metal instantly turned the tide of the failing battle of Portstinor to the GSDF's favour.

The 107th themselves are considered legends in centuries of land warfare. They were one of the first divisions to operate steamhulks, huge, steam-powered armoured vehicles that ruled the battlefield two hundred years ago. While other units were later reorganized into armour or landship units, the Steamhulks kept their two-century-old title, and are currently considered the premiere Moreillian armoured division.
Last edited by Autohummer on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has resurfaced!
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

I've only lightly skimmed this thread so far, so I haven't read all the worldbuilding notes and explinations yet, but the models are pretty :).
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

@ Star Weaver: Thanks for the comment. The backstory may take some time to understand, though there are some subtle (and not so subtle) references to various things that you may notice.... If you have a broad interest-base. :P

Swordfish is textured & slightly modified. It does look a bit.... How do it put it.... Toy-ish? Should I scribe some more lines to it or just leave it be?
Has resurfaced!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

WOW: as always :)
Are we going to have a ground war? I been thinking of how we could package a ground feature : to tell the truth, Minecraft is the reason i was thinking on that : I would like to : idealistically, see Transcendence do more Space like Pioneer, have ground interaction like Crysis / Special Ops and the freedom to travel and explore a world like Minecraft : but HOW TO MAKE IT FLIP BACK TO the actual Transcendnce Space/ adventures....

but it's beyond my limited brains for making a computer do what I want it to :(
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

@shanejfilomena: The biggest issue I can think of in making a ground warfare mod is the inability for vehicles to decelerate without thrusting at the opposite direction in the physic engine of Transcendence. RPC suggested making all "land" tiles with the nebula friction code to implement this, however, I am hoping to use a propulsion model that allows forward acceleration with the up button pushed and deceleration/backwards drive with the down button (which now does the very same thing as the up button.) A non-instantaneous acceleration to maximum speed is also good to simulate varying throttles.

(Valiant class textured.)

Notes on landships:

Landships are defined as armoured combat vehicles weighing more than 1,000 tons or above. They use a variety of propulsion methods, from tracks, screw propellers, air cushion to anti-gravity hover pads. Due to their immense cost and unwieldiness, they have been mostly phased out in favour of smaller heavy tanks. However, several nations still maintain combat-capable landfleets, among those are the Moreillian states of Anada and Tabinka, operating the 1st Royal Fortresses and 3rd Tabinkan Landflotte respectively.

The two Moreillian landfleets are stationed in the Earth-like planet of Tharkis, located within Lasbeakan space. Tharkis is one of largest rocky planets in the galaxy, and so has plenty of open ground for the gigantic landships to operate freely on. Still, the landfleets are restricted to operating on the planet's equatorial desert belt in peacetime to reduce damage to the planetary ecosystem. The largest ground-based military installation in the galaxy, East Ossydia Landship Yards, is located in the Eastern end of the Ossydia Desert in the Northern Hemisphere of Tharkis. It provides routine maintenance and a base of operations to both the Anadan and Tabinkan landfleets.

The most recent conflict involving the use of landships was during the GLA invasion of Tharkis in 5309, a force of 10 GLA Scorpion tanks engaged and destroyed without losses an equal number of Sentinel Mk. IV light tanks of the Lasbeakan 51th Volunteer Infantry Division defending the East Ossydia Landship Yards, three days after taking over the planetary government headquarters. The GLA tanks then encountered elements of both the Royal Fortresses and Tabinkan Landflotte almost immediately after breaching the Lasbeakan-held defense lines.

A fierce battle then broke out between the landships HMF Alland (25,270 ton Dreadnought), HMF Gloster (12,000 ton Cruiser), HMF Islington (12,500 ton Cruiser), HMF Enchantress (5,000 ton Destroyer), TCLS Mastodon (7,500 ton Destroyer), TCLS Azimuth (7,500 ton Destroyer), TCLS Thunderbolt (7,500 ton Destroyer), TCLS Marmota (35,780 ton Super-Dreadnought), TCLS Victorian (35,000 ton Super-Dreadnought), TCLS Wells (20,000 ton Battleship), TCLS Fury (17,000 ton Cruiser) and the GLA division of 250 Scorpion tanks and 160 Marauder tanks.

The battle ended with all GLA units destroyed or surrendered and no landship lost. These landships would later prove instrumental to the GSDF and Volunteer Force efforts in reclaiming the rest of the planet from GLA hands.
Last edited by Autohummer on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Has resurfaced!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

GLA o.O
Global Liberation Army? >.>