Weapons Extended 5

Post about your finished mods here.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Weapons Extended 5 is finally arrived ! :D
DOWNLOAD:
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1155

Atarlost and me have been working on it since the last 4 months, this version owes a lot to him, in particular for the new ammo system and the careful rebalance of all the weapons.

The mod has seen many versions since its first incarnation in mid 2008 made by Periculi. During the years more and more options and features were included with more and more people contributing to it. This makes the mod one of the oldest mod still active and constantly developed.

So, what is Weapons Extended and what does it do ?

The first thing you will notice by installing the mod is the immense amount of weapons and ammo available to the player.
There are more than 1000 weapons, shields, ammo and usable items.
Trust me, you are going to have fun to try each one of them, just to see the effects !
Will you find all the secret/rare weapons ?

Is that all ?
- All those weapons, shields and ammo are randomized on all the AI ships !
- Planets have name labels !
- Dvalin has a bunch of unique weapons !
- Fully configurable from a menu in the Ship Interior Dockscreen !
- Difficulty levels !
- All the weapons are unknown, for an additional challenge !
- Some vanilla bugfixes/changes are included in Point Juno, Dvalin's Factory, Black market stations and Miner stations.

The mod also includes Atalost's Northwind devices mod, Aeonic's Praetorian, Wolfy's Centurion Ships and NoDock NavBeacons Mod. Moreover it's fully compatible with SiaFu's SFItemGraphics LT and TranscendentGeek's/WillyTheSquid's Mining Pack v1.04.

Tell me more
There is a brand new feature: Atarlost find a solution to handle multiple ammo for weapons like the akan cannon, without transforming them to launchers. (like in Weapons extended 4)
Long story short: all the magic is done with a system of virtual weapons and the player can configure its weapons using dockscreens.
In addition all the weapons have been carefully rebalanced by Atarlost, it took ages and I definitely have to thank him a million times for that !

Difficulty levels are now more effective, AI ships can now install rare weapons that will make the game easier or harder. There are a number of constraints that we added to that, to keep the game playable at all times. For example, HARD mode won't really kick-in until the player reaches Rigel Aurelius (Battle arena).

I also changed how the prices of unknown weapons are calculated: normally they are 1/10 of the original price, but with WE5 they are depending on the system level. The net effect is that the player can buy and sell more unknown weapons because the game returns more cash when selling, however high-drops (weapon level >> system level) will still return 1/10 of the price so it's not (or less) exploitable.

USAGE
=====

WE5 requires Transcendence 1.08b or higher versions, it won't work with any other previous version.
Simply unzip into your Extensions folder. Be sure to maintain the original subdirectories tree.
Start a game and configure your gaming experience from the ship interior menu BEFORE leaving Eridani.
After leaving Eridani the menu will be unavailable.

CONFIGURABLE OPTIONS INGAME
===========================

- Vanilla mode = weapons are randomized using a set of attributes like damagetype, sovereign, etc. For example a Corsair will always get a laser weapon.
- Periculi's mode = weapons are freely randomized. Game can be quite unbalanced in this mode.

- EASY/NORMAL/HARD mode = Difficulty selection will change the levels of the weapons installed on ships making the game easier or harder. Hard mode shields won't kick in before Rigel Aurelius (this is to prevent the game to become to hard)

- Dark weapons SKIP SHIELDS = as a default setting, dark weapons like the Penitent Cannon skip shields completely as in Transcendence 0.95. Settings can be changed to vanilla to have normal interaction with shields.

- All the Weapons are unidentified by default. Player can decide to make them identified for an easier game/more similar to vanilla.

- The randomizer can be turned off completely, if the player just want to play with the additional weapons.

The following players have contributed to the mod and are its authors: Aeonic; alterecco; Atarlost; Darth Saber; digdug; Periculi; Prophet; Star Weaver; Taben; TheLastBrunnenG; Wolfy.

Download it here!
FM3VP
Anarchist
Anarchist

Congrats on release digdug! Love the new system of using different ammo for primary weapons! :D
Add me on Steam: FM_VP
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wow, 1000+? :mrgreen: this will be fun :twisted:
Matix's Revolutionary Repair Items! Get it here !
Stronger Centauri! Download it here
Matix's Weapon Pack!: Find it here!
Preview: Momentum Cannons! Get it here!

IRC (Love it! :D):
[10:54] * matix pokes Guest33555
[10:55] * matix thinks its dead....
[10:55] * Katami shoots Guest33555 in the foot
[10:55] <matix> O.o
[10:55] <Hatsya> don't worry, it's a water gun
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yay! thank you RPC ! :D
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I got an error when loading into 1.08e. I went into the xml and found that the "Dual Zastava FASOR" uses the regular fasor's UNID, which caused the duplicate UNID error. :? Just letting you know :mrgreen:

matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

1.08f, I fixed the duplicate UNID as stated previously and got another duplicate error for the Akan30VirtualAmmo UNID in the WE_Ammunitions.xml

Also the Dwarg behemoth culverin uses the DwargBehemothCannon UNID, which caused another duplicate UNID error.

I also got a duplicate UNID error from the DualLaserCannon2 in corporateweapons.xml but I cant find the error in it :(

Unfortunately, I think Imma have to get rid of this mod due to the amount of errors im receiving from it :evil:

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It appears 1.08d and earlier did not have rigorous UNID checking for modular mods, but the duallasercannon2 UNID bug is specious as far as I can tell too.
Literally is the new Figuratively
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1.08f, I fixed the duplicate UNID as stated previously and got another duplicate error for the Akan30VirtualAmmo UNID in the WE_Ammunitions.xml

Also the Dwarg behemoth culverin uses the DwargBehemothCannon UNID, which caused another duplicate UNID error.

I also got a duplicate UNID error from the DualLaserCannon2 in corporateweapons.xml but I cant find the error in it

Unfortunately, I think Imma have to get rid of this mod due to the amount of errors im receiving from it
I'm aware of these bugs, I will make a fix soon.
matix
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Alright, thanks :mrgreen:

digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

REUPLOADED!

WE5 has been updated to fix those UNID bugs. I hope everything is all right now.

digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

changed description of the first post to mention that WE5 includes NoDock NavBeacons Mod and about the changes to prices of unknown weapons.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WE5 LASERS

This is a short description/catalog of nearly all the laser categories found in WE5
More of these catalogs will be done for the other damagetypes.

EI LASERS
They are the red standard lasers. single, double, omni, fast-fire, array versions and others.

EI TURBOLASERS
They are the green standard turbolasers. single, double, omni, fast-fire, dual omni, dual fast-fire and others.
THey are affected by the EI enhancer (at level 4+)

Bushido lasers and turbolasers

Bushido have laser and turbolasers variations with cool "japanese-weapons" names. Usually they have uncommon configurations but are somewhat equally effective with the EI counterparts.
Bushido also produces the purple x-ray laser cannons: single, double, omni, mining and array.
They are all affected by the Bushido enhancer.

Heterodyne Lasers

New category of yellow lasers: they are more powerful than standard turbolasers. They are not affected by enhancers (besides the laser collimator)

Bootleg lasers
Bootleg illegal lasers are used by the Charon Pirates, Sapiens and Outlaws. Adding illegal lasers has 2 effects on the game: 1) players can't install them at commonwealth stations or sell them, reducing cash flow to the player, 2) They are slightly stronger than their standard counterparts, making the Charon Pirates slightly harder.
They come in both standard red lasers and green turbolaser versions.
Charon Pirates also have their own illegal x-ray laser called the UV laser cannon.

MINING LASERS
mini, standard mining laser, wall mining laser.
advanced mining ablator: high powered very short range mining laser with a white colour.

SPECIAL LASERS
Browning laser cannon: notForSale old weapon.
Clustertronix laser cannon: high power level 5, takes the place of the old spinal laser
Zastava FASOR beam: x-ray long range lasers.
LA50 multicannon laser: laser version of the IM90
Death Blossom: illegal weapon, just for fun :P

Maybe there are others, I hope I didn't forget any :D
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What about the fragmentation effects?
Literally is the new Figuratively