@+

Benoît 'Mutos' ROBIN
Hoshikaze 2250 Project
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ATA Patch is up at Xelerus!

Edit- April 26, `09
Please note that the version placed on Xelerus April 26, `09 is the patched version from the last version of this mod I created.

Although I still want to make some improvements. :)
Last edited by Periculi on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Nevermind, I have pulled the plug on this project and all the rest. Get your own.
Silentdances
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Nevermind, I have pulled the plug on this project and all the rest. Get your own.
thats a shame.. you have kewl shtuff
"Darkness makes the sunlight so bright, that our eyes blur with tears. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Life is hard. It is supposed to be."
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Periculi wrote:Nevermind, I have pulled the plug on this project and all the rest. Get your own.
wait what? "and all the rest"? are you just... leaving?
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

No. I will continue to lurk, offer unhelpful advice, and write totally unclear and confusing mod tutorials (like a typical moderator). But I don't feel like sharing any more mods. One too many "standard" criticisms.
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I'm pretty sure that by "standard," he didn't mean "average" or "sub par." I could be wrong, but it really seemed like "standard" was used in place of "static," which isn't a criticism at all, but just pointing out that the described topography wasn't dynamic. Periculi, your mods have not only broken the "standard" barrier, but have entirely redefined it. Don't give up developing over what was likely just a miscommunication.
Mutos
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi Periculi,

I respect your decision it it is such...

But you will be missed if you leave. The community and the game will lose huge if you stay to it... I didn't see the comment that made you react this way, but that's a bad bad bad result for what could have been a misunderstanding...

Anyway, good luck and hope you come back on your decision.

EDIT #1 : man you really removed all your Mods from Xelerus... Couldn't believe it, had to triple-check !
@+

Benoît 'Mutos' ROBIN
Hoshikaze 2250 Project
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Sponge, I haven't made my decision based on one event.

And what would you call a network that changed it's structure from game to game to the extent that you would need to play many times to see the full spectrum of possibilities?
Lv4snobrdg
Anarchist
Anarchist

Wow

but i gotta say that I am very jealous of your skill and if I were a shallow bigotted "no talent @$$ clown" well Peri, can I call you Peri, does it matter?, I would probably put down your work too.

I like what you do but you don't have to be like the grateful dead and keep playing until your last fan dies so I am not even going to attempt to talk you out of it cuz a man's gotta do...

peace mang thanks for what you have shared, truly

LV
a modder is as a modder does.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I appreciate the sentiments. However, nobody around here fits that statement. My problem is more a combination of frustrations, and there are certainly no clowns involved.

Now then- as you were, people. You are going to have to accept that you are dealing with a sensitive artist and get on with other things for the time being.
Lv4snobrdg
Anarchist
Anarchist

strictly for entertainment value, no offense
a modder is as a modder does.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ahh well. Let's go blow something up.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Mutos
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi Periculi, hi all,

Found a small issue when trying to add multiple end gates with varying names, but I think I got it fixed. I'll soon post something more detailed, now got next to no time.
Last edited by Mutos on Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
@+

Benoît 'Mutos' ROBIN
Hoshikaze 2250 Project
Mutos
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi Periculi, hi all,

That's it, I finally get some time to tell you what happened...

The basic idea was inspired by the "journey to the Core" ending of the vanilla game. In the Stars of Call Adventure Mod, I began modelling a State of the Hoshikaze 2250 universe known as the Core League. It is centered around the Sol system and surrounded by other States. So I came by the idea of making the game end if the player jumped out of the Core League.

So I studied the "End Game" gate and found how to duplicate the ending effect with a standard jump point. When the player ship exited with this jump point, the game ended on a display similar to the one shown on the vanilla game. I still have to make a proper SoC-specific display, but the mechanism was there.

But there was still a problem : on one particular system, I was to have two jump points leading out of the Core League. The ATA code references in two lines the hard-coded "EndGame" gate name. So that was to be modified to accomodate my dual-points system and still work within the vanilla game.

On first approach, I replaced the "EndGame" name with an (or) condition with "EndGame1" or "EndGame2". That works, but I know it will break the vanilla game.

Then I remembered Periculi telling me a long time ago that an end game gate does not have a target gate. So I could replace the second test on the name with this test : targetGateName=Nil. But the first test couldn't be replaced this way, because at the time of this test, the targetGateName has not been queryed yet.

So I settled for reverting the first test to its original code and just changing the second test to targetGateName=Nil. The final diff is here between the original ATA and my modified file :

Code: Select all

Left file: D:\dev\Transcendence\ExtensionsInstall\169_AdventureTopologyAccelerator099c\GateGlobalsD8.XML
Right file: D:\dev\Transcendence\Trans099c-SoC\Extensions\ATA-GateGlobalsD8.XML
93a94
> 		;an EndGame Gate does not have a targetGateName
104c105
< 		  (if (eq destID "EndGame")
---
> 		  (if (eq targetGateName Nil)
I still have a problem with my current codebase, but I don't think it is diretly related to the ATA code : when exiting, the display sometimes shows no epitaph. It seems the %epitaph% variable is blank. I coded two test gates and this issue occurs on both, but only when I exit from another system than the start system. But as far as I know, it doesn't occur every time and I couldn't find a regular schedule leading to a definite cause.

So Periculi, I would gladly have your opinion on the two distinct questions :
- Is my modification on your ATA mod based on targetGateName OK, from the knowledge you have about gates ?
- Do you have any idea about the blank epitaph issue ?

Other opinions are of course appreciated, as they could lead to unthought-of answers, but Periculi's one would be invaluable, as he's the creator of the ATA ^-^
@+

Benoît 'Mutos' ROBIN
Hoshikaze 2250 Project