Glitch in exploding stations mod

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
kaypy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ive been playing the exploding stations mod for a while, and for the first time in several games have decided to go through the fleet missions (these days I tend to skip about the last third of the game coz I can beat up an Iocrym with civilian grade weapons if I need to...)

Anyhow, I think it was a result of the station explosions mod, but when I was doing the "babysit the convoy" mission, when the freighters reached the exit gate, they exploded violently. Nothing around shooting at them, they just went 'boom'...

It was rather spectacular, and funny in a lemmings kinda way, but the brass back at the CSC dont have a sense of humor...
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Try taking the <On Destroy> event for the explosions out of the Super Freighter in the full explosions mod.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

kaypy wrote:Ive been playing the exploding stations mod for a while, and for the first time in several games have decided to go through the fleet missions (these days I tend to skip about the last third of the game coz I can beat up an Iocrym with civilian grade weapons if I need to...)

Anyhow, I think it was a result of the station explosions mod, but when I was doing the "babysit the convoy" mission, when the freighters reached the exit gate, they exploded violently. Nothing around shooting at them, they just went 'boom'...

It was rather spectacular, and funny in a lemmings kinda way, but the brass back at the CSC dont have a sense of humor...
So the freighter just exploeded?

I was reading the XML (orig game not the mod), and I'm probbably wrong, but it says something like "generate random timer"
(lambda Nil
(block (obstacle roll)
; Choose a random obstacle for the mission
(setq roll (random 1 100))
(switch
(leq roll 60)
(setq obstacle 'aresAttack)

(leq roll 90)
(setq obstacle 'rogueAmbush)

(setq obstacle 'suicideRun)
)

(objSetData gSource "MissionVariant" obstacle)

; Remember the start point
(objSetObjRefData gSource "StartGate" gStart)

; Create a timer for the creation of the freighter
(sysAddObjTimerEvent (multiply (objGetDistance gPlayerShip gStart) 3) gSource "OnTimerFreighterAppears2B")

; point the player to the stargate
(shpCancelOrders gPlayerShip)
(shpOrderDock gPlayerShip gStart)
(objRegisterForEvents gSource gPlayerShip)
)
)

; Code to see if mission has been completed
(lambda Nil
(block Nil
; Set description
(if (eq (objGetData gSource "MissionVariant") 'suicideRun)
(scrSetDesc gScreen ""Excellent mission! Your quick reaction probably saved hundreds of lives on this ship!"")
(scrSetDesc gScreen ""Excellent mission! That pteracnium fuel is desperately needed!"")
)

; Increment XP
(objIncData gPlayerShip "fleetXP" 150)
)
)
But that is for the Fleet. I've never gotten that? When / how do yo udo that?
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm fairly certain the <ondestroy> tag that causes stations to explode when they are shot to death was included in super freighters, when they went through the gate the game counts them dead and they blow up like the mod was intended to make stations do. as suggested just delete the <ondestroy> tag from the super freighter in the mod, if it's the only tag in <events> delete the whole <events> too.

the random timer is not involved in the ships exploding.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hehe. That sounds good. :) That makes sense. :)