Starting screen problem

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Alan Bolte
Anarchist
Anarchist

The screen where you select to start a new game, load an old one, change your name, etc. has a problem that makes it annoying to start a new game or quit and impossible to do anything else. As far as I can tell, the locations I have to click to activate a button are well up and to the left of the actual buttons. Since I wasn't that far along anyway I completely got rid of the installation, including the savegame started in 0.98b, and downloaded 0.98d again. No change. I never downloaded 0.98c, so I don't know if the change was from b to c, or from c to d, but it might have something to do with it not changing resolution to run. Using the /dx switch makes everything better. Once I actually start playing I have no problems.
Kamikaze
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'd have to say that it's your computer, I noticed no such problem.

(Of course, up until I got this comp running, I ran it in Direct X.)

What resolution are you running it at? 1280x1024 works for me.
I never said I was sane.

I said I was perfectly insane.
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Yeah, I'd play around a bit with your screen resolution. I had a similar problem in the past, and it went away when I restarted the game. Try changing your screen resolution, or running it with/without Direct X.
Alan Bolte
Anarchist
Anarchist

How interesting! I was running in 1280x960, so I switched to 1280x1024 and that fixed the problem.