Deadliest enemy

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Bokasha wrote:The only time I ever encountered a phobos I had ion reflect on my shields... Can't remember what weapon I had, maybe the luminous ion one, must've took me 5 minutes hacking away at it's side, trying to avoid the main weapon.... I've never even done the lamplighter mission, too bothersome to get to such a rank with the commonwealth when ion weapons are just as good in my opinion :\

Though I haven't played Transcendence in a while...

dude, the lamplighter tears up anything, and has a WMD of about 5. think of an improved, ammoless QAC. the prototype can be grabbed and used, and has a longer range, but misfires/explodes 10% of the time.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

(name here) wrote:
Bokasha wrote:The only time I ever encountered a phobos I had ion reflect on my shields... Can't remember what weapon I had, maybe the luminous ion one, must've took me 5 minutes hacking away at it's side, trying to avoid the main weapon.... I've never even done the lamplighter mission, too bothersome to get to such a rank with the commonwealth when ion weapons are just as good in my opinion :\

Though I haven't played Transcendence in a while...

dude, the lamplighter tears up anything, and has a WMD of about 5. think of an improved, ammoless QAC. the prototype can be grabbed and used, and has a longer range, but misfires/explodes 10% of the time.
heh yeah, but then the general gets mad
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Salvagebot 1.0 wrote:Somehow the Sung always seem to know when a Dwarg Master has managed to disable me. Hey, at least it takes a double-team to bring me down.

I've learned to respect that long-range disabling Dwarg gun, but early-game shields go down after just a few hits. I can usually manage to escape the slow-moving Dwarg fighters, but the Sung seem to always swoop in for the kill the second my ship gets disabled.
I know the feeling well, which is why I'll go out of my way to get a Nephren P25 shield ASAP, until a better shield can be found. The P25 is probably the best early-game shield available and can usually be found in every game.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FAD wrote:
Salvagebot 1.0 wrote:Somehow the Sung always seem to know when a Dwarg Master has managed to disable me. Hey, at least it takes a double-team to bring me down.

I've learned to respect that long-range disabling Dwarg gun, but early-game shields go down after just a few hits. I can usually manage to escape the slow-moving Dwarg fighters, but the Sung seem to always swoop in for the kill the second my ship gets disabled.
I know the feeling well, which is why I'll go out of my way to get a Nephren P25 shield ASAP, until a better shield can be found. The P25 is probably the best early-game shield available and can usually be found in every game.
Really?
I went for the Invisible Class, it worked great as long as you didn;'t go into the Drwarg Collonies head on.
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

***SPOILER***

Problem with Dwarg? Three letters, dude: ICX.
Or better, EMP-immune armor/barrel.

Problem with Phobos? Bummer. Try some Scramble cubes.

Problem with spoilers? Then don't get a sportscar. :P[
The universe is illogical. Get over it.

-----------------------------------------

I cannot be held accountable for anything I say that offends you. I never intentionally offend anyone.
If I offended you, it was an accident and I am sorry.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

so where are the spoilers?
I wanted some spoilers. Not just some general overpowered things that work against nearly everything.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Betelgeuse wrote:so where are the spoilers?
I wanted some spoilers. Not just some general overpowered things that work against nearly everything.

LOL
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Problem with Dwarg? Three letters, dude: ICX.
Or better, EMP-immune armor/barrel.

Problem with Phobos? Bummer. Try some Scramble cubes.

Problem with spoilers? Then don't get a sportscar. Razz[
dwarg cydonists+ICX=cydonist hits+ stray laser shots. yeah, it doesn't work too well.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote: Really?
I went for the Invisible Class, it worked great as long as you didn;'t go into the Drwarg Collonies head on.
I did say that I'll grab a P25 early in the game ASAP until a better shield can be found. I was referring to getting that shield by or around St. K's since you'll never ever find any Invincible-class by then...unless you get lucky with an early BM/BMSY that has one or mod cheat.

The Invincible-class is a great shield but you must respect it in order to be successful. Like a few others, I've used that shield while defeating the Iocrym. I'd have to say that one of the best match-up's for the Invincible while dealing with the Dwarg and Sung, is to complement it with 4 seg's of Dwarg Holocroal armor and hit 'em with barrels of regen. Unfortunately, that armor is limited to only the freighter and mod ships capable of holding its mass.
Vastin
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well, early game undoubtedly the Dwarg (accursed Cydnocist cannon!) though I've been finished off by the final Arena ship a couple times when I got too cocky with my dual lasers. :)

Late game the Phobos is definitely the thing to fear unless I've had a chance to upgrade to ion-reflect shields. Never died to the Iocrym though!
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

P25 shield? Yurgh. Yoroi S500 (and perhaps even S100) is much better as the dwarg aren't right after St. K and you're mainly dealing with particle and laser damage, not ion.

EMP-immune doesn't work too great either as it just damages your armor instead. Its a bit better than spinning around for all eternity though if you get yourself screwed. I would enhance the invincible with longhzus if you are having really bad trouble with the dwarg. Mammoth50+Domina heal works well if the mammoth is a bit of a fuel hog when you don't want to just heal.
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I tend to skip past St.K's to order someting or kill Ferians... Then I get creamed by Wind Slavers... "Sustain" sometimes doesn't last long enough to travel between planets when they generate far apart. :x
I really don't care if I get my hair cut... *snip* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Most deadly ship?

Well, it's all relative to how you have built up your ship, but I always get creamed by Uraks.

Stupid Uraks. I hate you. :evil:
Tamagoyaki
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ferian Warriors (unless I have big load of lucifers) and of course Xenophobe Worldship.
Sorry for my poor english :-(
Last cause of death: arena opponent + crappy Cyclotron shield generator (I was insured).
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ThePrivateer wrote:Most deadly ship?

Well, it's all relative to how you have built up your ship, but I always get creamed by Uraks.

Stupid Uraks. I hate you. :evil:
Uraks are easy. You just need a long-range weapon. And a shield w/a lot of regen. Hp doesn't really matter that much. R1 will work in theory although it's a bit of a fuel hog early on.
I get creamed by the sung because I end up w/ a Solon when one of their Random Attacks happen. :x
Domina, here I come!
I really don't care if I get my hair cut... *snip* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!