Finding Huamarca Gate with System Map Roms

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
jb12
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hey guys,

I am in a dilemma. I have befriended the Huari in my current run, but did not find a Huari Base between St. Kat's and Point Juno. Instead, I am in possession of 9 system-map roms. Does Version 1.2 beta 4 reveal the Huamarca Gate with the Roms or am I out of luck?
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I don't believe so. You can search manually, if you have a ridiculous amount of time, or you can load up debug mode/some godmod. However, even if you find the spot, without completing missions from a fortress, you can't do anything more. Except slaughter Huari and loot a fortune anyway.
jb12
Anarchist
Anarchist

Dang. I will try one last manual search for a Huari base then call it quits
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well if you're lucky (like I was in my LP), you can randomly run into the Huaramarca Stargate *in system*... and when you do I bet you'll find that there are 2 Huaramarca stargates >_>'
jb12
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ultimate Chicken wrote:Well if you're lucky (like I was in my LP), you can randomly run into the Huaramarca Stargate *in system*... and when you do I bet you'll find that there are 2 Huaramarca stargates >_>'
Did this occur on 1.2 beta 4? Very interesting, :( too bad the Huaramarca gate is gone from Elysium.

Edit: Also, what is the last possible system that can spawn Huari fortresses? I am guessing its Jiang's Star, but I want to be wrong so I can aimlessly search for Huari fortresses in another couple systems...
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Looking through the XML, seems like it's Eta Ceti, though they're less likely after Jiang's. You can do some more aimless searching!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you must search for Huaramarca without the vial, the stargate is within range from 1200 to 1500 of the primary star, in a system within Ungoverned Territories. (If system is binary, yellow star is the primary.) Drop a crate in the center of the star and target it to measure your distance.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.