Why Do we Play Transcendence?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Mike Holmes is fun to watch, and its interesting to compare the how they build houses in other parts of the world.
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
stealthx
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think the game gives the player a sense of epicness, of discovering something that is greater than oneself. And I've always wanted to go on a "pilgrimage" journey of sorts around the world, when I have the financial means.
Be the hope of humanity. Be a Gundam Meister.
Resident-Pyromaniac
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I like Transcendence because of.. the POWER. :twisted: I can't tell you how much fun it is to break the bonds of reality and destroy thousands of inoccent Neo-People without conscequences. Seriously, with a plasma cannon and Jotun deflector, one man can absoulutely obliterate Eridani. or St.K's. or the Iocrym Fleet, for that matter.
If Transcendence was made in 3D, I would die of Happiness.

If you are reading this, then I have planted a deadly virus into your CPU. (not really, but you can never be too careful.)
asam3
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I play it mostly because of the free-form lore, meaning the game loosely runs greatly on the player's imagination and what the player does, unlike other game, though they give you the same sort of freedom. You don't see alot of games with backstories to trash items now, do you?
Encrypting messages into optical arrays, one cube at a time...

E5DCM-I921G-7R1E3 - A beta code for some game. Might want to ask me back at it's original site for the correct one though. Better be fast, not that patient here.

I'll be observing from afar.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Its fun, and I don't know - because there's always something new we can do with the game.