Dwarg

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I know this has been brought up before but I think it's a bit ridiculous. Is there any way to counter the dwarg masters with the freighter? I had a mammoth 50, 4 segs of particle-immune carbide carapace, an icx, 3 patch spiders, an omni-particle and a mag launcher with a full compliment of zg24 and siege mags. Even when I tried to avoid them, their superior range would catch me off guard and once the shield is down, you just pretty much wait to die. Maybe I'm using too aggressive tactics or something, but the way I see it, a level 8 ship should fall so easily to such a weak weapon. Maybe the whole point is that I'm against a swarm of dwarg, but even if I *don't* engage them directly, the masters are so fast compared to freighter, that every system where they appear is a death system to me. I dunno what other strategy to use. I avoid, I die. I engage aggresively and destroy all the bases, I die. I'm beginning to think it's unbalanced but whatever. Sorry if this came off as a rant but this is my 3rd playthrough that this has happened.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Freighter + Mammoth = dead

A wolfen might get away with a mammoth, but the mammoth shields die to the dwarg. I suggest the invincible deflector or a Yoroi MX.

I suggest running away as a good tactic.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

redid it from a backup save and avoided that system with prejudice. having the omni-particle didn't help any because the masters have the particle reflecting stuff. i usually go with the invincible but there weren't any to be found for the next 5 systems. so far this play there was only one thor's wonderful devices and one tinker the entire game. bad luck on me i guess..

edit: or maybe weird luck. just found a full set of heavy ithalium and a lazarus. wtf
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

ugh, i hate Dwarg bad enough that i went back to fry them when i had the lamplighter.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

One thing you could have is ion reflective enhanced shields to protect you from the Dwarg masters.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I like the dwarg *because* they are such a pain
kaypy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Dwarg defense on a freighter? Carry a titanium barricade or two. Use it at the first sign of trouble and take shelter till the cyanadocists run out.

Actually, you can use pretty much anything for cover- dump some cargo if necessary. The cyanadocists do no 'real' damage, so the cargo will be fine.
Stormhawk
Closed Account
Closed Account

I HATE dwarg :evil: I was playing a Sapphire game, the best I'd had in a long time. I had a Taikon ten and orthosteel armor. The dwarg teamed up with a couple of Ranc gunships to wipe me out. My ion blaster was useless against them. I shall now go and mod a super ship to destroy them all with!
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

indeed, the dwarg are hard, but the topics to that effect are starting to get annoying. (and the responces the the effect of, "you should use item X that you find late in dwarg space," aren't helping any) i propose a mortorium on such threads. if you have a suggestion with items you can reliably find before dwarg masteres start appearing, then PLEASE tell us.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

umm.. I vote NO! to your proposition. I think people should be free to whine and complain about any enemies they find difficult and if it annoys me, I ignore it henceforth.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dwarg are hard, annoying, a threat to experienced players.. they are perfect pests! I love them ! :)

I had a mammoth 50, 4 segs of particle-immune carbide carapace, an icx, 3 patch spiders, an omni-particle and a mag launcher with a full compliment of zg24 and siege mags.

Tip: Did you know that ZG24 fragments stop the cnynodists ? Attack and defense at the same time. That's my tactic (I usually play with the freighter and I love the mammoth deflectors)
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

surviving is about not taking all those hits before you get the chance to fight back, so hiding until they get close enough to kill quickly (barricade) should be good. (don't forget a shield that can last long enough to kill them once exposed)

perhaps out of place, but for a mod solution see the dwarg seeker
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Cool!

Did you just make that today?
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i had the adea a while ago(and may have a prototype somewhere), but cobbled it together today with code from my other mods.

i also forgot to mention that having a few MHELRT 14s means you can still fight when spinning emp'd for three weeks like the dwarg tend to make you do...
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Oh! That's a good point. You can use items when emp'd. We need more weapons with 'U' triggers!