exploits

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Just some exploits that I know of. Please state your own.

[minor]
buying damaged armor repairing it and selling it, lots of profit little time lost. A used tag for undamaged but used items can cut the profit of doing this. Can be modded in once static data is available to items.

buying and selling illegals to increase rank: anything sold by a certain station type can not be bought back by that same station type sounds like a good solution.

[major]
hiding in planets when fighting missile ships. Can be solved by having the ships not fire when they are blocked by planets.

farming corp cruiser (killing stations just to get the cruiser to appear): Adding a non missile weapon or making it gate out when it runs out of missiles would basically solve the problem.

enhancing armor: Tons of money can be got from equipping armor and then enhancing it. This carries no risk and works better as the game goes on. Armor Dealers are also very common. Used tag or maybe anything sold by a certain station type can not be bought back by that same station type.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Betelgeuse wrote:enhancing armor: Tons of money can be got from equipping armor and then enhancing it. This carries no risk and works better as the game goes on. Armor Dealers are also very common. Used tag or maybe anything sold by a certain station type can not be bought back by that same station type.
The resources (enhancement barrels) for doing this are strictly finite. How much credits can you actually make using this exploit?
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well enhancing an armor with a good effect (regen nanos or partical resist I didn't check the others) doubles the value of the armor and armor stations sell at 110% and buy at 90% so even when buying from them you get a 70% profit just on armors bought there just think of what you can do if you can get good armors elsewhere cheaper. (there is some cost of installing the armor but that is minimal if you go for better armors)

The problem with it is it is so scalable and the stuff you need from it is everywhere. Early in the game you will get tons of money from it and later in the game with even better armors (Thor also sells at 110% and buys at 90%). Think of the armors you get by then and if you can double their selling prices.

lets look at how many barrels you get from just one armor station (thats not counting all the commonwealth barrels)

Code: Select all

<Item count="3d4"	item="&itAblativeArmorCoating;" />
			<Item chance="70" count="1d4"	item="&itCarbonWeaverNanos;" />
			<Item chance="70" count="1d4"	item="&itReactiveArmorCoating;" />
			<Item chance="30" count="1d2"	item="&itReflectiveArmorCoating;" />
			<Item chance="10" count="1d2"	item="&itRegeneratingNanos;" />
As you can see lots of barrels.

Now lets say you have four V300 powered armors and have a good rank at the black market how much would you get? 240000 credits just on something that costs 66000.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

just a note that enhancing a weapon increases its value 20% So you can get it up to 300% selling price but they are not common enough to be a big problem.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Betelgeuse wrote:just a note that enhancing a weapon increases its value 20% So you can get it up to 300% selling price but they are not common enough to be a big problem.
what types of weapons?
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

any weapon that you can enhance. thermo and ion would be the best if you want to make money.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Betelgeuse wrote:any weapon that you can enhance. thermo and ion would be the best if you want to make money.
cool thanks..
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How about selling REALLY expensive items to a teraton nest, destroying it, and looting the items back? :lol:

I got 3 million rin from doing that!
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

DO teratons get mad as a whole if you kill one or are they still separate? I don't think killing a station is an exploit provided there are consequences; however those consequences need to be dire (but not so ridiculous that it is insta death or otherwise impossible).

I suggest that

1. Police are spawned after you occasionaly if you destroy a corp/CW station - just like the bounty hunters. Not to mention you might get bounty hunters anyway.

2. Said police have EMP weapons and can detain you (end game) by docking with your EMP'd ship.

This means that there is always a potentially deadly consequence for killing friendlies
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

teraton are separate. I think corp is fine with a tweak to the cruiser but the commonwealth punishment doesn't fit with the rewards. Commonwealth stations have little worthwhile to loot but the punishment amounts to no equipping until black market shipyard or ringer shipyard and most of the missions in the game are off limits.

I wouldn't mind potentially deadly consequence if there was any real reward in it but there isn't. At least with corp and ringers they have nice stuff to loot, but commonwealth is haha you killed one station and got 5000 credits worth of stuff now you can't do anything for the rest of the game :roll:
darksider
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

What I know are these ones

- Ferian farming
- battleship farming (slightly better in 0.98x than former versions, but still possible to a great extent, especially Ventari and Huari ships)
- sitting-on-top on the enemy station
- sitting near ANY station to prevent most enemies' fire (seemingly introduced in 0.98 )
- destroying black market stations for weapons and illegal items, and then bounty hunters
- aggressive use of Domina sustain (especially when combined with others)

And the following things are mentioned already, I guess
- sitting on a planet/star/destroyed station (Lucifer/High-flux/micronuke/etc are not very common)
- repair and replace damaged armors and sell them for greater profit (somewhat limited in 0.98 )
- killing Teratons for easy rins and great weapons
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

- sitting near ANY station to prevent most enemies' fire (seemingly introduced in 0.98 )
I believe that was introduced to avoid the bigger exploit of avoiding punishment if you had an enemy ship destroy the friendly station. As for enemy stations you can sit on top of them to avoid fire and still damage them so that part isn't a big problem.

Maybe a solution to this is instead of what killed it it would go by what did the most damage. With repairing and not firing without a path (this would help with missile ships too) it would very hard to exploit.
- Ferian farming
There is already a maxMiners for constructing. If it had a maxReinforcements then the problem would just be a balance issue.
- battleship farming
I don't think capital ships should ever be reinforcements but that is just me. Do you have any other ideas on how to fix this?
- sitting-on-top on the enemy station
Kinda being fixed in .99 (at least killing them). Lets wait and see how effective it is.
- destroying black market stations for weapons and illegal items, and then bounty hunters
hmm I like the black market so I would say buff the bounty hunters, they currently are a joke.
- aggressive use of Domina sustain
I hate Domina and go out of my way to destroy there stations so I can't comment on this. :twisted:
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Betelgeuse wrote:
I believe that was introduced to avoid the bigger exploit of avoiding punishment if you had an enemy ship destroy the friendly station. As for enemy stations you can sit on top of them to avoid fire and still damage them so that part isn't a big problem.

Maybe a solution to this is instead of what killed it it would go by what did the most damage. With repairing and not firing without a path (this would help with missile ships too) it would very hard to exploit.
- Ferian farming
There is already a maxMiners for constructing. If it had a maxReinforcements then the problem would just be a balance issue.
- battleship farming
I don't think capital ships should ever be reinforcements but that is just me. Do you have any other ideas on how to fix this?
- aggressive use of Domina sustain
I hate Domina and go out of my way to destroy there stations so I can't comment on this. :twisted:
.99? Wehre? to get?

Also, its possible to get enemys to destory friendly stations eg the Xenphobes or the Dreadnoughts
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Here's an exploit: You can get all items from Dvalin without having to scour the universe for rare donate-able items. Here's how...

Since Dvalin enters the picture sometime shortly after Dwarg season and Dwarg are usually bountiful, loot all the undamaged Dwarg items (weapons/armors) and jetison them near the Rasiermesser factory--repeat until you get bored or have a lot of items. Then loot your cargo box with 5 max of each item and donate--repeat.

While he's ecstatic with the never seen before items, he'll be happy with the repeats. Anything over 5 items per donation and he may lose interest.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FAD wrote:Here's an exploit: You can get all items from Dvalin without having to scour the universe for rare donate-able items. Here's how...

Since Dvalin enters the picture sometime shortly after Dwarg season and Dwarg are usually bountiful, loot all the undamaged Dwarg items (weapons/armors) and jetison them near the Rasiermesser factory--repeat until you get bored or have a lot of items. Then loot your cargo box with 5 max of each item and donate--repeat.

While he's ecstatic with the never seen before items, he'll be happy with the repeats. Anything over 5 items per donation and he may lose interest.

I'm going to try this. :)