Wingmen Repairs?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I thought in the latest version RC2 that wingmen would repair themselves at stations capable of doing so when they were sufficiently damaged? I have Rama at 57% damaged and Volkov at 95% damaged, but I can't get them to fix anything at any stations.

Or was this only part of a mod and not in the vanilla game?
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's a bug.

The repairing event uses an <Event> (started in an oncreate), which as we know won't exist outside of the system it was created in.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Does that mean if I take Volkov back to Korolov and Rama back to the fortress that they'll repair, or does it just not work once they leave the system?
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't know, but it could determine the severity of the problem with events.

if you go back and they repair, then events persist in the system.

if they don't repair, then events are just plain lost when leaving the system.
Retroactive
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

How about irradiation? Autons will die a couple minuntes after being irradiated, even though they are not alive and presumably have hardened circuitry, given that modern spacecraft require hardened circuitry.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Retroactive wrote:How about irradiation? Autons will die a couple minuntes after being irradiated, even though they are not alive and presumably have hardened circuitry, given that modern spacecraft require hardened circuitry.
Huh? Are you asking why irradiation carries over through stargates? I think that's probably just because it's hard-coded into the game and George never screws his own stuff up, just ours :P.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

or are you asking if they will dock to decontaminate? I don't remember seeing anything in the code for that, but some stations will decontaminate ships docked with them.